• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Does anyone else still hear and see things while on anti-psychotics? What is it?

R

RollingJovi

Does anyone else still hear and see things while on anti-psychotics? What is it?

I have been hearing voices for a long time since my teens and I'm now thirty years of age. Back in December the voices become increasingly difficult to keep a hold of and I have always had voices telling me to do nasty things to people even people close to me which I get distressed at.

I see demons and I hear them it's the closest thing I can describe them as, I have them crawl at my window in my room I have a crucifix in my room to help me protect myself from them yet, when I am outside by myself I feel as if they are following me all the time. They torment me and tell me that I am rubbish at everything and tell me to harm people, I am on an anti-psychotic initially I was on Risperidone but that didnt really do much then I was changed Olanzipine and then changed again to Quetiapine. I still hear the voices degrading me and telling me to do things but I always get the feeling that the medical team I am with doesn't understand and I am afraid to tell them everything with fear they will judge me or say that I'm lying. The voices always say "don't tell them cos they will not believe you and they will laugh at me" so I always hold back from telling them everything. The demons visit me in my room while I lay in bed yet I have a coping mechanism that I just try block them out all the time yet inside I'm actually really upset and I think that the medical team monitoring me think I am getting better but I just think that I tell them what they want to hear to get them off my case.

Hearing and seeing things is not good and I just wondered if anyone is on anti-psychotics and still hears voices and see things or is it just myself? I really am wondering!

?

>.<

I still heard voices while on quetiapine, and I saw 6 'invisible people' (I could see their silhouettes but they were invisible, really hard to explain). Idk why it happens, APs don't get rid of all the symptoms in every case, they just reduce a lot of them.

schiz01

schiz01

From my experience they didn't but i have have spoken to others that say they do.
You may want to talk to a psychologist that has experience in these things.There may be hidden emotional,trauma,pain ect causing it that you may not even be aware of (eg) something that happened to you as a young child
I usually just tell the doctors that i am experiencing audio and visual disturbances and leave it at that.

D

DarkDesires

Yes I too still see things and hear voices while on risperidone, I have been on other anti-psychotics but had some bad side effects so I am really stuck with resperidone at the moment. Some days I see the dark shadowy demons alot accompanied with several voices. Seeing the demons really bother me as they are always yelling at me and degrading me making me feel worthless they also tell me to commit suicide or attack and brutally hurt people, these people can be close loved ones or complete strangers, it is a constant struggle to ignore them. Needless to say I have been committed to hospital quite a few times, they up my medication dosage and monitor me closely for several weeks, I quite often say I am feeling fine and that the voices aren't disturbing me as much and that the demons have gone so I can get sent home, the reality is though that nothing has really changed except for feeling sedated and vague because of the higher dosage. I have been out of hospital now for about 18 months or so but things are definately getting worse, lately the demons have been regularly visiting me at night, they push down on my chest and paralyze me, it really scares the hell out of me, I don't want to tell my case manager or doctor of fear of being committed again I really don't know what to do!!!:unsure:

A

Apotheosis

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yt3Ny_BG3yQ

I do think that these things are expansive & have a lot to do with perception & interpretations. I would go as far as to say that I don't think there is any such things as demons. Lost Souls maybe, yes, & discarnate & mischievous spirits - but demons? Personally I don't think so.

This is not to deny or to negate these experiences. the mind can convince itself of many things.

There are some things that the mind cannot cope with; there are things which are beyond comprehension by the mind. How much is this 'stuff' caused by a mind/brain that has glimpsed too much? Experienced too much? Seen too much?

schiz01

schiz01

they push down on my chest and paralyze me
This sounds like a possible side affect from the medication your on and I would be telling your doctor about it as it is /could be potentially life threatening.
They may need to reduce your dose or add another med to counter the side affect or take you off it and put you on something else.

P

phoenixx

i was seeing demons and hearing voices it was very disressing i am now on abilify and the demons have been gone for quiet a few months am still hearing voices whispers mostly, however last night i started seeing things again objects distorting themselves and a glimps of a shadowy demon figure..i thought i was better why would i suddenly see this again when i have been okay for a while still on my meds has this happened to anyone else? :(

M

maudikie

To rolling jovi

If you are hearing voices more i should go back to your doctor or C.P.N. if you have one, and tell them. It may be that you need a re-assessment of your medication.Take care, and best wishes.:)

D

dancer

At the moment i am on respiradal. Sometimes, i hear voices a high pitched sound of voices in unison and i have to listen very carefully to catch what they're saying. Sometimes I get hallucinations by this i mean i feel like i am being possessed. I can feel who i am being possessed by almost like i have eyes at the back of my head. i can call people's names (who i am possessed by) and they appear from out of nowhere. My CPN tells me I am alot better on respiradal! I am "aware" of what's going on but don't know if I can live like this. The dvla has said no to my driving. Am I being possessed because I am lonely?

I

IntrospectionFtw!

i hear faint hallucinations if im on 2.5 olanzapine im on 5mg at the moment and they come back if i dont take my dose.

R

RollingJovi

I have recently had my Quetiapine increased from 400mg to 600mg. I've only just had it increased and to be honest I'm
unsure if these meds will cure or even rid me of the demons and voices. I think quite possibly they will decrease the intensity of them to a so called manageable level as the mental health team
keep telling me. I've tried 3 antipsychotics this being my 3rd, I've only ever met 1 person that has had the voices stopped by antipsychotics, she is on Risperidone and when I was on that I still felt confused and scared by the demons, I think each antipsychotic works differently with each person. I get the feeling I'm going to
just accept this medication in fear of being put on worse drugs such as clozapine.

Angels

Angels

so does resperidone help in any way at all?? ive been put on them today and i just want to find out more about them :(

R

RollingJovi

With every antipsychotic you cannot say what's going to happen. Each person reacts differently
to each drug. I was on Risperidone and it didn't work for me however, I know a lady who is on it and she said that Risperidone has worked well for her. The voices she heard have now gone and she is pleased with the results. It's difficult to say what will work and what won't. I'm just saying for me that risperidone didn't work
well and I got a lot of unpleasant side effects.

Just remember though that just because it didn't work for me it doesn't mean it will not work
for you. You just have to see how things go and notify your mental health team of any changes.

D

dancer

The doctor says I can live with residual symptoms

S

scrappy

I get the feeling I'm going to just accept this medication in fear of being put on worse drugs such as clozapine.
Clozapine has really helped me, the only drug which has made any difference to my voices