• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

We are an actively moderated forum. We work hard to keep the forum safe.

To access many more features and forums please register now

Does anyone else stay awake thinking about

B

Bilbo

I have read research which indicates that provocation based rumination triggers a reward mechanism in our brains as people with BPD. I kind of get that because when I do it excessively there is this kick which comes with it despite how distressing I might find it. It’s like i’m gonna find some new answer that will solve it all which in my experience is total BS. I’m just more emotionally wasted at the end of it.

B

Bilbo

Omg if i think of the hours, days and weeks I have ruminated it messes with my mind even more

K

Kittylove

Think everyone does. What really gets me is being "ghosted" as they call it. Like if you dont want to talk anymore tell me. Just ignoring someone until they give up is rude annoying and hurtful for mental health.
I've always hated that. Rude and inconsiderate. I don't understand how people can be like that. 🤷‍♀️

Keesha

Keesha

Age helps. You care less what people think the older you get.
Yeah. It reminds me of a joke
I thought I was getting more tolerant of others as I aged
Turns out, I just don’t give a ____!

G

Girl interupted

Stop giving them your power. They can only impact you if you let them.

And that’s key, you have to let them.

Try to find a way off the merry go round and occupy your brain with something else. Anything else.

When we have too much time on our hands the default for bpd is self devaluation. Because it’s what we have been taught. You need to almost start from scratch and re-train yourself in some of the most rudimentary principles of self care.

And worrying about what other people think and do will only empower them and further devalue you.

You have all the control. You can control you. You cannot control others, only you. Let go.

Everyone else either augments your life or is inconsequential. Get rid completely of everything else.

There is freedom there.

G

Girl interupted

People will treat you the way you let them.