• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

We are an actively moderated forum. We work hard to keep the forum safe.

To access many more features and forums please register now

Does anyone else stay awake thinking about

U

Until

Does anyone else stay awake all night thinking about something someone said to them, wondering what they meant, / does it mean they don't like me, / are they planning something against me, / why would they say that... along those lines. As I do.

Zackthemaniac

Zackthemaniac

Think everyone does. What really gets me is being "ghosted" as they call it. Like if you dont want to talk anymore tell me. Just ignoring someone until they give up is rude annoying and hurtful for mental health.

soulsearcher

soulsearcher

All the time unfortunately

Catty5

Catty5

We all do...but I eventually tell me head “stop” ....

S

Soladel

Yes i have this problem very badly as well, can last days to weeks as well depending on the situation.

P

Purpleplum

When I was dating I did thanks to games that were played and I'm glad that's in the past. I probably did that for other things in my life as well. I don't anymore though---letting others affect you isn't worth wasting a minute of of your life with. I figured that out after my life was almost wiped out in an accident. I realized how fragile life is and vowed to never let others waste a second of what life I have left.

U

Until

it's horrible to be so affected by things other people probably only think about for a short time. I literally stayed awake all night recently then went to work I the morning, as I was ruminating and imagining all sorts of reasons why someone said something and what it meant. It sucks, nothing would have made me be able to sleep that night. That's so good @Purpleplum that you can now let things go, I want to be able to but easier said than done.

P

Purpleplum

it's horrible to be so affected by things other people probably only think about for a short time. I literally stayed awake all night recently then went to work I the morning, as I was ruminating and imagining all sorts of reasons why someone said something and what it meant. It sucks, nothing would have made me be able to sleep that night. That's so good @Purpleplum that you can now let things go, I want to be able to but easier said than done.
Age helps. You care less what people think the older you get.

Tamziie93

Tamziie93

Yea I do an it's so annoying but we can't always control where our minds takes us. I'm sure some therapy may help, I just try to ignore it

Venepirata

Venepirata

I'm awake all night cus that's just my sleeping pattern haha 🤪 but in my waking hours I've had plenty of times things on mind of mine have taken up so much of my time and mind space - and they don't even pay rent for residing in there! I don't usually lose sleep from it all, I mean the thoughts and the dwelling would exhaust me so much that my brain would just have to shut down and sleep at the end of it all, so into a restless sleep those thoughts would send meeeee 🤪

AnxiousE

AnxiousE

Interesting this is in the bpd section. I don't technically have it, but someone pointed out yesterday that I appear to have traits. Ironically it was this person I've been up for two nights thinking about what they said to me and all that...but I'm not sure this is strictly a bpd trait.

Keesha

Keesha

Yes I do this all the time. In fact, it’s a horrible habit that I do. For me it’s more of an ocd trait ( for me ) as I don’t believe I have BPD. Either way. It’s a horrible habit or obsession as it’s very unhealthy

U

Until

I believe it is a BPD trait, as we are sensitive people, triggers are interpersonal distress, rumination on interpersonal situations. We have anger rumination as we can stew on something someone did and be angry at them for a long time. Apparently rumination is a BPDs misguided attempt to solve something.

N

NorthernBC

Yes!!! I absolutely re think conversations and who said what...and the meaning behind it.

I wish I could not do this...