• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

Does anyone else just randomly cry off and on?

A_Wilted_Daisy

A_Wilted_Daisy

ACCOUNT CLOSED
I get like this a lot these days. Just now, I was watching an Animal Crossing stream on Twitch. I was feeling okay and chatting. All of a sudden, I start to cry. It might only last a few seconds. Maybe it's a few minutes. Then I'm fine again. This sort of thing happens most days. I'm not even really thinking of anything to trigger it. I guess it's just the sadness that's always there? Who knows...

MeAndMyDepression

MeAndMyDepression

I read about this condition. Maybe you have it. It's called Pseudobulbar Affect (PBA). Here's the link to the article:

PBA

Basically it says that Pseudobulbar Affect (PBA) is a medical condition causing sudden, frequent, uncontrollable crying and/or laughing that doesn’t match how you feel. It can happen in people with a brain injury or certain neurologic conditions.

If you saw the movie Joker, the main character has this condition where he laughs uncontrollably for no apparent reason.

T

timing

My husband had (PBA) that started after a stroke. It was extremely hard on him. The psyc doc eventually doubled up his antidepressant medication and after a few weeks it was gone.

Miserable

Miserable

I do, it just started two months ago.
I was mentally stable for over 3 months but lately i have random emotionally down days, i just woke up and rapidly feel sad and start crying making breakfast, even exercising, at work, etc.
It is really frustrating because i just cant controll it and takes me a while to recover from those episodes.

A_Wilted_Daisy

A_Wilted_Daisy

ACCOUNT CLOSED
I don't think it's PBA, in my case. I'm just depressed. I don't cry uncontrollably unless there's a reason for it. Tears come to my eyes, but I'm not sobbing. I feel a bit sad all of a sudden and then it passes. And it only happens during the times my depression is bad. I thought maybe other depressed people went through this sometimes.

M

Megan5

Its one of the classic Depression symtoms, an indication that you might need to get a Dr's assessment. I'm just getting over an episode that lasted a month, I called my Dr. and now I'm almost all better.

H

Huckleberry

I get like this a lot these days. Just now, I was watching an Animal Crossing stream on Twitch. I was feeling okay and chatting. All of a sudden, I start to cry. It might only last a few seconds. Maybe it's a few minutes. Then I'm fine again. This sort of thing happens most days. I'm not even really thinking of anything to trigger it. I guess it's just the sadness that's always there? Who knows...
I do. It's not depression, I'm not quit sure what it is sometimes. Maybe you are missing someone? Like a friend or family member you haven't talked to in a while

A_Wilted_Daisy

A_Wilted_Daisy

ACCOUNT CLOSED
I do. It's not depression, I'm not quit sure what it is sometimes. Maybe you are missing someone? Like a friend or family member you haven't talked to in a while
Not really. All of my close friends are online, though. I haven't met them, but would love to. Maybe it could be that? I'm lonely.

H

Huckleberry

Not really. All of my close friends are online, though. I haven't met them, but would love to. Maybe it could be that? I'm lonely.
Yeah probably that you're lonely. I'm sorry, i hope you are not so lonely in the near future

Hardknocks88

Hardknocks88

i get what i call internal cry spells. i dry under my eyes without shedding tears. not good for me but it happens.

Ladyfair

Ladyfair

I get that way but not as often as I used to.