• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Does anyone else have a freezing problem?

Carol1952

Carol1952

Dont know if this is anxieties I did read where it could be bad circulation that is not good because I do have that.However I am so cold all the time .My late mom was like that.I do elevate my legs but it never works.They say vitamin b can help.

N

Nukelavee

I'm always cold. God Bless Canada. And being super thin.

Talina

Talina

I was once always cold, but that was only during my hypothyroid period. When I was hyperthyroid I could just walk with t-shirt and shorts in the winter becuase I felt so warm.

Myself use a thick duvet during winter, I always sleep with my window open because I’m allergic to my bunnies hay. I find it helps sleeping with socks, thick duvet and worse case I will put on more clothes and have a fleece blanket under the duvet.

But I also have quilt that warms up with electric, which I can use to warm up my duvet and put my cold limbs on. I later turn it off when the duvet get warm.

That’s the things I did to handle when I was freezing because of being hypothyroid.

My dad also got a small portable heater, which can work as an AC or heater. I will sometimes turn it on during winter and it will be warm and cozy.

GhostOfLenin

GhostOfLenin

Dont know if this is anxieties I did read where it could be bad circulation that is not good because I do have that.However I am so cold all the time .My late mom was like that.I do elevate my legs but it never works.They say vitamin b can help.
My step daughter has a heart prob. Make her freezing alll the time. Blood makes you warm, beed to circulate it. Xx

Carol1952

Carol1952

My step daughter has a heart prob. Make her freezing alll the time. Blood makes you warm, beed to circulate it. Xx
Ya me to my ;left leg is all swollen i have to elevate it but it doesnt seem to be helping,I also have to wear a wrap to squeeze the water out of me.Now that works ,it is kind of scary because I often wonder what is wrong with me,ALthough right now i am hot humid that is why,

GhostOfLenin

GhostOfLenin

Ya me to my ;left leg is all swollen i have to elevate it but it doesnt seem to be helping,I also have to wear a wrap to squeeze the water out of me.Now that works ,it is kind of scary because I often wonder what is wrong with me,ALthough right now i am hot humid that is why,
Ah im sorry your going through that. Claire is a tiny wee skinny thing cause of her heart. Tiny we girl with a huge mouth hebe so is ao funny

Carol1952

Carol1952

Ah im sorry your going through that. Claire is a tiny wee skinny thing cause of her heart. Tiny we girl with a huge mouth hebe so is ao funny
A huge mouth huh lol Now see with me my left leg use to leak and had to go to the wound clinic I had avery bad experience there the doctor accused me of lying i told him i do elevate my leg and he told me he didnt believe me that just pissed me off anyway I was told that i could lose my legs.Oh great i dont have a brain now lol and i could not have any legs.if it does leak i got the stuff to take care of it i have antibiotic cream or oinment which u can buy in the store then i put that on and my leg wrap over it and it clears it up.Even the nurse that day was treating me like a little baby see my feet were all swollen i told her i cannot wear shoes which is true one fits on my right a little tight because my left foot was bigger i cannot put a shoe on i had sox on ,well through the entire visit she kept talking to me like i was a two year old what r we going to do noBuy some shoes,she even told me she has seen people with bigger feet and were able to buy shoes,well whip de do.SO in one visit i was picked on the doctor was so rude he never even told me his name.May i ask how old is your daughter?I am 67 I aint ready to die yet like tonight i couldnt even sleep so i elevated my legs for two hours . my left ankle is always swollen despite the fact i wear my ace bandage n it no matter what ido nothing helps.

GhostOfLenin

GhostOfLenin

A huge mouth huh lol Now see with me my left leg use to leak and had to go to the wound clinic I had avery bad experience there the doctor accused me of lying i told him i do elevate my leg and he told me he didnt believe me that just pissed me off anyway I was told that i could lose my legs.Oh great i dont have a brain now lol and i could not have any legs.if it does leak i got the stuff to take care of it i have antibiotic cream or oinment which u can buy in the store then i put that on and my leg wrap over it and it clears it up.Even the nurse that day was treating me like a little baby see my feet were all swollen i told her i cannot wear shoes which is true one fits on my right a little tight because my left foot was bigger i cannot put a shoe on i had sox on ,well through the entire visit she kept talking to me like i was a two year old what r we going to do noBuy some shoes,she even told me she has seen people with bigger feet and were able to buy shoes,well whip de do.SO in one visit i was picked on the doctor was so rude he never even told me his name.May i ask how old is your daughter?I am 67 I aint ready to die yet like tonight i couldnt even sleep so i elevated my legs for two hours . my left ankle is always swollen despite the fact i wear my ace bandage n it no matter what ido nothing helps.
Hey 60's are the new 40's. So ive been told 😝 im sorry your going through a shit time. Chin up and a keep at it xxx

AlwaysinCrown

AlwaysinCrown

I've the same problem. I think you should check your thyroid.