Does Anyone Else Go Through This? PLEASE ANSWER

S

Seniorclassof2019

I have ocd (mostly harm ocd) but I get these horrible feelings. As of recently it’s like when I get an intrusive thought/ obsessive thought I can feel it. It’s like anxiety but also something else that I can’t quite put my finger on it. It’s a horrible horrible feeling. I get the same feeling when I am going to sleep, it kind of feels like acceptance almost like I am letting the thoughts happen and I somehow feel ok about the thoughts? But the feeling itself scares the shit out of me, I really just want to know is it normal or common for ocd to take over your feelings. Like I know I don’t feel this way about these horrible thoughts but I can’t control how my body reacts to the thoughts on the inside if that makes sense. I also suffer from dp/dr occasionally so does that have something to do with it? Someone please answer me

S

Seniorclassof2019

The thoughts vary but they are generally about harming my family. I know I love my family and I don’t want bad things to happen to them but I am going through dp/dr and having intrusive thoughts so I feel like I have been losing control emotionally. Is this my ocd?

x3n

x3n

Hey mate. I think its Harm OCD. OCD can take over your feelings, OCD can create false urges, OCD can make you feel like a bad person, which you are not. You don't feel "ok" about the thoughts, the problem is your obsession tells you otherwise. You obsessed about it for a longer peroid of time, this is why you feel that way. My episode with Harm OCD was pretty bad too, for example I tend to avoid every sharp object in my home. Thats why you need to stop doing compulsions and overthinking. Compulsions will fuel your OCD and make it worse and worse. Stop fighting with the thoughts and accept them. The thoughts are not real, they are purely related to the OCD, but fighting them is pointless, it will make your obsession stronger. If you have a intrusive thought about hurting your familly, just let it be. Dont analyse it, dont overthink, just let it be and ignore it.

Last edited by a moderator:
S

Seniorclassof2019

Thank you so much, you’re response means so much to me. I will honestly try to stop reassurance thinking and just let the thoughts be thoughts. It just gets really scary when it turns into feelings ya know? Cause then it feels so real and scares the crap outta me but I will take your advice. Thanks again

Hopeful313

Hopeful313

Hi @Seniorclassof2019

I am sorry that you are struggling with OCD. Rest assured that those are only thoughts and even people who don’t have OCD or any mental health issue have them.

You are too aware of your thoughts to the point you start questioning yourself if those are thoughts or urges.

A good sign is that you are scared of those thoughts. I can relate to how you feel. I suffered from intrusive thoughts not long ago.

I am doing very well now and have few to none intrusive thoughts. You can do it too.

I hope you feel better soon.