• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

does anyone else feel like they have no purpose in life

L

Lostinthought

It's been 3 days since everything has come on top!!

My life seems like such a chore, getting up getting dressed eating surviving!!

I'm not suicidal but sometimes I just feel like what's the point! Life shouldn't be this hard!! I know everyone has there problems and seem to cope! But I just don't know how to

My anxiety levels are so high! Even answering my front door or the phone makes me anxious!!

blacksmoke

blacksmoke

i afraid that life is indeed dull and pointless. other peeps struggle like you say the thing to remember is that you "see" that they are "coping with life" when maybe its all a front.

could be so much worse..at least we have a roof over our heads food in the cupboard......when was the last time you helped someone else? that helps to take your focus of you and you get to help someone

B

billym4467

yes may feel that way, that there just doing what they have to do to live, sadly thats the depression beast.

Lillypad

Lillypad

Yeah I feel like absolute crap and like life is pointless and empty and that there's really not much reason to be here.

But I keep going cause sometimes it doesn't feel so empty.

Funnyday

Funnyday

I feel like I'm obsolete now. I have no reason to get up each day except as I'm unable to sleep more. I miss the social interaction that working brings. I think that I should describe myself as retired to others instead of on the sick. It would be more socially acceptable methinks. As both my children are adults and live with their Mum I am not as needed as I once was by them. I still have loads to offer though. I'm just not in demand any more.

LORD BURT

LORD BURT

I feel like I'm obsolete now. I have no reason to get up each day except as I'm unable to sleep more. I miss the social interaction that working brings. I think that I should describe myself as retired to others instead of on the sick. It would be more socially acceptable methinks. As both my children are adults and live with their Mum I am not as needed as I once was by them. I still have loads to offer though. I'm just not in demand any more.
You are like a 1960s robot that nobody has a use for. Or an old Windows 95 computer.

BTW My favorite computer was my Windows 95 pc.

Last edited:
BorderlineDownunder

BorderlineDownunder

focus on small pleasures. people have had super dull lives forever, at least we don't have to work in fields or milk cows. *usually

we have comparatively fast exciting lives these modern days.

small pleasures are still key, even yachting about the world would become boring if you did it all the time. Youd still be enjoying your afternoon cup of tea. :)

just my advice. we forget what comfort and meaning is around us, often.

Ive had my kids, the older I get the more I'm looking forward to being here for grandchildren who don't even exist yet.

L

Lostinthought

Thanks everyone!

I have 3 amazing kids that keep me going but while there at school my mind ticks away - thinking about stuff!! I do work and attend uni! Just recently it's all come on top and I think what's the point

L

Lostinthought

I've spoken to the HR department at my work and they have put me in touch with a counselling service they provide and i have my 1st meeting tomorrow!! Hopefully I will start to feel better xx

When In Rome

When In Rome

does anyone else feel like they have no purpose in life
yes, all the time but, you know, life goes on.

L

Lostinthought

Life does go on, but some days are harder than others and finding coping mechanisms to deal with it

L

Lostinthought

Black smoke, as part of my job I help people, and I don't just do it because it's my job I do it because it's what I want to do!! When I'm not feeling like this I'm a supportive friend, mum, sister, daughter, niece and aunt!! If I can help someone then I will do everything I can to make sure their ok!!! But right now my head isn't the right place to do that!!

blacksmoke

blacksmoke

Black smoke, as part of my job I help people, and I don't just do it because it's my job I do it because it's what I want to do!! When I'm not feeling like this I'm a supportive friend, mum, sister, daughter, niece and aunt!! If I can help someone then I will do everything I can to make sure their ok!!! But right now my head isn't the right place to do that!!
yeah so get what you mean i have been supporting my parents and that was going ok until the last few weeks and now i just cant seem to bounce back such as it was. :(

L

Lostinthought

I'm time and with the right help hopefully we can get back to our old selves xxx

American Boy

American Boy

ACCOUNT CLOSED
You are like a 1960s robot that nobody has a use for. Or an old Windows 95 computer.

BTW My favorite computer was my Windows 95 pc.
Old 1960's robots go for mega bucks. Windows 98 was better than Windows 95.