• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

Does anyone else feel like they can't do anything?

B

Booklist

Former member
Does anyone else feel like they've come to a dead end, like there's nothing else to live on/off of. I'm currently on leave from my job because I was hospitalized for the fifth time a month ago. I have intensive outpatient program three days a week which is not nearly as much time that I would like because I have literally nothing to do all the time since I'm not going to work. I have no hobbies. I literally do close to absolutely nothing. I mean it's pretty pathetic. I picture looking at myself and I shake my head with disappointment. I can't be helping society this way. It feels like my hands are tied. I want to be productive and feel like I have some sense of purpose but I'm not supposed to be working (the day after getting out of the hospital for a manic depressive episode I went back to work like an idiot. It sucked and was the worst). Also, I want to go back to school but I have to wait until January which feels so far away. I kind of just feel like what am I doing?! with my life?! I don't have anyone to talk to besides my family and other patients, doctors/clinicians. I feel like the life I want to live is so far down the road. Anyone else have these feelings?

Kaii24

Kaii24

Yes, this is my life. I was fired in June and had to move back to my moms. Now I’m living off of them(which makes feel like a piece of crap). I’m supposed to go to school in spring.. I can’t work right now because of everything that’s going on in my body and my mental isn’t ready for it. I applied for disability.. hopefully they approve it. I just feel hopeless and helpless at this point. And it’s irritating. I have soo many dreams and goals and talents but I feel stuck like I can’t put them to use..

B

Booklist

Former member
I think I know why but there's a voice in the back of my head saying I won't like school or it won't be worth it or I'll fail or I won't be good enough. I used to have a sprawling social life on campus 5 years ago. It was really a shit show not that I think about it. Now coming back is kind of daunting.

Kaii24

Kaii24

Isn’t it how that always works though? That voice telling us the cons before we can see the pros?

If we can get passed the cons and believe in the pros, things would be so much smoother.

But, that’s easier said than done. I do understand that it takes time. It’s something I’m working on myself.

And cons are always easier to rely on or believe because of past experiences.

But our past experiences are to make us stronger and teach how to deal with certain scenarios that comes into play and because it’s familiar we already know how to handle it.

Kinda like a second chance to kick butt.

You keep your head up. People like us gotta stay strong and start believing in ourselves more and gain self control in our thinking.

The battle in the mind can take us down if we let it.

C

Candy19

Former member
yes all the time, I have no motivation for anything, I recently dropped out of an art course because it was draining, haven't done art since the day I left and don't plan to any time soon, I'm trying to find a job, mentally and physically I just want to stay in bed, but at the same time I want to feel like I'll actually go somewhere with my life, I guess somehow we'll all have to force ourselves out of this

B

Booklist

Former member
I hate my job. It has become so monotonous that I want to kill myself. It provides no solace or satisfaction. I don't think I should be there. And school seems like a crapshoot. I don't even know if I'll like it or be interested in it. I'm worried about everything which brings on depression which is the last thing I need. It all sucks.

B

BoBbIE37

I’m 25 and still trying to finish high school so I can get a meaningless job. Just gotta be grateful for what we do have at the end of the day, make plans for a better tomorrow. Maybe it’ll be more bearable if you think of it as temporary
Maybe dip your toe into some kind of schooling first, just one course or something

Last edited:
G

garbageg4

Former member
I feel like i can't do anything right all the time. I can't even say the right things on this forum for people to keep chatting with me. I'm hopeless nothing left for me no one to talk to anymore.