• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

Does anyone else feel, like me?

R

Rockybottoms

I have lived with anxiety, depression and severe panic attacks for years, and that're getting worse. All day my stomach feels like I'm about to drop over the edge on a roller coaster, convinced of a heart attack at any moment, I have an indent where my heart is from pressing on the same spot to feel heart beat. Some day's I feel like I'm in a trance and no mater what the task is I can't bring myself to get up, I don't eat, drink and will wait until the last second if I need to use the bathroom. No matter how hard I try I can't shake the funk that engrosses me. Do any of these things describe how you feel?

Contramike

Contramike

I've felt that way before.

I used to sleep for 4 days straight (long story) after being up for the most part of two weeks. I would try to get up...I would try and shave before I took a shower and it felt like I was being torn with a thousand hooks from all sides with fear, frustration and indescribably intense anxiety. It took about 15 minutes to shave the beard off of my face. A horrifying 15 minutes. Then the shower. Much the same, but a bit less. Then I was clean, so I went in to hyper-drive (I was addicted to coffee, cigarettes and dextroamphetamines, all of which I hadn't had in days. It was like being in a stunt plane doing painfully hard turns, but I knew I had to do it. It was terrifying. Eventually, when I leveled off, everything was back to high-speed and things were ok again.

Anything sound familiar?

C

Calmrage

I have lived with anxiety, depression and severe panic attacks for years, and that're getting worse. All day my stomach feels like I'm about to drop over the edge on a roller coaster, convinced of a heart attack at any moment, I have an indent where my heart is from pressing on the same spot to feel heart beat. Some day's I feel like I'm in a trance and no mater what the task is I can't bring myself to get up, I don't eat, drink and will wait until the last second if I need to use the bathroom. No matter how hard I try I can't shake the funk that engrosses me. Do any of these things describe how you feel?
. Yes and yes it's unfortunately perfectly normal for us . The trick to beat it is simple but takes time and therapy sessions . Your life is never in danger it's our stupid nerves firing