• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Does anyone else feel as though they are being watched?

M

Mr S

I watched a programme on the TV. It had this scene in it where this man was being watched by a satellite in space.

To that point, I was already a bit paranoid. I have this OCD where I stare a numbers. This catches my attention every time I see a number. I think people see me staring at numbers and probably think I’m pretty strange, although this is probably in my head.

I think the satellite is watching me do this as well. Ever since watching that programme, my life has been hell. I constantly think I’m being recorded from space.

Memememememememe

Memememememememe

You've come to a right place with the question does anyone feel watched, a lot of people here do, I don't have the satellite thing but I feel watched by an unknown thing, my hallucinations and people, I also am obsessed with numbers and other similar things because I got an OCD and other things, interesting that your satellite thing started after finding out about it, I know you don't believe it because I don't believe it with my things but you're not being watched and recorded from space, sounds like you could use antipsychotics

FlowerBox

FlowerBox

I always feel like I am being watched too. Over the years it has shifted from idea to idea, about what or who is actually watching me, but sometimes I think...we are all kinda being watched anyway so there is no use in stressing over it... But I know what you mean...it's different when it feels like it's a target on you specifically...very exhausting, and very hard to not stress about...I try to "embrace" it since I cannot seem to get rid of the feeling...

B

Blackrose09

Since I was a target for discrimination from many points of view I had this problem I could not even go out so I had to isolate. After isolation it seems like the community forgot about me so I'm no longer in that situation but I still have moments when I think someone is watching me and talking about me laughing about me arguing because of me. I simply do not care anymore and I ignore this.

Memememememememe

Memememememememe

I got serious difficulties dealing with this, I can't just let it be

I

indigo6

I do and I think a lot of people do. I feel its part of some mh issues. Anxiety being one.
I feel mildly paranoid most of the time no matter what. I notice things too.
Maybe the paranoa has good reason: with that satellites can and do zoom in and see very accurately; drones are used by anyone, their aunty and the police; police chopper has a camera that can see what you have on a sandwich.
Cant beat ourselves up when theres good grounds for worrying.
Its beepin exhausting though.

B

Blackrose09

Do you take antipsychotics and anxiolytics. They both can help. For me are anti anxiety medication that help most because it is related to anxiety.

My problem was serious too I was feeling watched all the time during the day for months. Was a pshichotic episode that ended somehow. Half psychotic because half was true about what people were doing to me.
What helped me was to reduce social contact (I'm not saying to isolate) especially with nasty people, not look people in the eyes and ignore them.

Lizaje

Lizaje

you're not being watched and recorded from space, sounds like you could use antipsychotics
Well out on the street you may be watched in a sense, right? Of course, there is no reason for an average person to think someone is actively watching them. The feeling of being watched isn't necessarily a psychotic symptom. It can be simple anxiety.

Hillman hunter

Hillman hunter

i think people watch me, i get severe social phobia, i think people laugh at me, when i walk in to a shop i think everyone is looking, i get bad muscle tension and shake and wobble over sometimes,
its a horrible situation we find ourselves in

love to all out there,

Memememememememe

Memememememememe

Well out on the street you may be watched in a sense, right? Of course, there is no reason for an average person to think someone is actively watching them. The feeling of being watched isn't necessarily a psychotic symptom. It can be simple anxiety.
I mostly meant the satellite thing, I don't think Mr S is being watched from a satellite but I also said I know Mr S doesn't believe me because I don't believe when I'm told my hallucinations aren't watching me, I definitely think people can watch because like I said I feel it 24/7 and don't believe they don't and yes, it can be only anxiety but Mr S's satellite thing seems more than that but I won't speak for Mr S, I'm just giving opinions here, Mr S can speak for themself

M

Mr S

I mostly meant the satellite thing, I don't think Mr S is being watched from a satellite but I also said I know Mr S doesn't believe me because I don't believe when I'm told my hallucinations aren't watching me, I definitely think people can watch because like I said I feel it 24/7 and don't believe they don't and yes, it can be only anxiety but Mr S's satellite thing seems more than that but I won't speak for Mr S, I'm just giving opinions here, Mr S can speak for themself
I sometimes sit and think that I am crazy. I honestly don’t believe it myself. It’s just an unwanted thought, that keeps going round and round.

Memememememememe

Memememememememe

I sometimes sit and think that I am crazy. I honestly don’t believe it myself. It’s just an unwanted thought, that keeps going round and round.
Maybe it is anxiety then and nothing more serious. But now the round and round thing makes it sound like a part of your OCD and OCD is strongly linked to anxiety so maybe it's a combination of anxiety and OCD? Again, just thinking

Lizaje

Lizaje

Maybe it is anxiety then and nothing more serious. But now the round and round thing makes it sound like a part of your OCD and OCD is strongly linked to anxiety so maybe it's a combination of anxiety and OCD? Again, just thinking
OCD is an anxiety disorder.