• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Does anyone else feel a sense of calmness the next day?

P

Pffft

Hello, I ended up relapsing last night and although it didn't exactly go to plan, as it didn't seem to work as well as it used to, I feel this sense of calmness that I have been desperately needing. Does anyone else get this?

Tawny

Tawny

Forum Guide
Maybe if people try so hard not to do something that they know is not good for them, they feel a relief from the effort? Like if you have a rash you must not scratch, you scratch it and it feels good, but then later it is sore?

I hope you can find other ways to cope. It is so sad to think that you have hurt yourself.

P

Prycejosh1987

Hello, I ended up relapsing last night and although it didn't exactly go to plan, as it didn't seem to work as well as it used to, I feel this sense of calmness that I have been desperately needing. Does anyone else get this?
I dont know what you mean, but i assume that you are feeling a calmness which can be considered a good thing. I wouldnt dwell on it though, because the calmness could of come because you relapsed that is not a good thing. It means your body is trying to resist cravings, but at the same time, it might literally be the calm before the storm, on whatever you stopped.