• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Does anyone else do this?

F

floral85

This is weird and I already have this fear of being schizophrenic.

My counselor I had said I'm not schizophrenic but I keep thinking what if.

The reason why is because I literally looked to see if my mom was hiding a camera. I know she is a nosy person. Maybe that is why. I feel.so dumb gor looking like twice.
I even thought she could be hiding a recorder.

A couple times my little cousin came over to spend time with my son I was thinking I should be careful what I say in case his mom put a recorder in the bag, even though that sounds crazy. Obviously it was just a worry for a short amount of time because I got over it.

Also, I got this thought that my stepdad could have put a camera in the bathroom. I know it sounds weird that I even looked up at the ceiling to see.

Is this normal paranoia?
Am I just thinking too much into this?

Warrior

Warrior

Is this normal paranoia?
Hi floral i suffer from paranoia bad and was definitely diagnosed with this and some of the things i ask my hubby is madness but bad past experiences have mad me like this and i have thoughts on issues that make me question them.

Have you come across a camera being used because if so then it's made you feel that you need to be careful.

F

floral85

Diagnosed with what paranoia or schizophrenia? Sorry just confused

The only thing i can think of is just hearing people using cameras in like vacation rentals, public places. I heard about it on the news so maybe it triggered some type of paranoia? I don't know.

I do overthink things and can get paranoid, so maybe it's just normal paranoia.

Sorry you go through it too.

Warrior

Warrior

Diagnosed with what paranoia or schizophrenia? Sorry just confused

The only thing i can think of is just hearing people using cameras in like vacation rentals, public places. I heard about it on the news so maybe it triggered some type of paranoia? I don't know.

I do overthink things and can get paranoid, so maybe it's just normal paranoia.

Sorry you go through it too.
Floral i was diagnosed with both.

I would say something as triggered your mind in this aspect and it's caused you to have paranoia, a lot of us suffer with it but it's to what extent of control it takes up on we and it can become a form of OCD in regarding checking.

R_Sxo

R_Sxo

Paranoia and schizophrenia aren't one and the same. You can be paranoid without having schizophrenia, and vice versa. Best to treat and address paranoia as-is :)

E

Eminem 12345

It's not paranoia I have ocd and had a fear of schizophrenia as my parents were schizophrenics and my uncle is a swell when ur scared of going crazy it can make u think ur crazy when u aren't and all this stress can lead to paranoia there's acctually a sub set of ocd which I have had and u think people are poisoning ubut u aren't schizophrenic but the thing is if u think ur crazy when a schizophrenic had his or her first psychotic episode they don't know they are schizophrenic and when they are in psychosis they don't know so for u to ask this question means u aren't so try not to worry

J

ji_11

This is interesting because ocd gave me an obsession with thinking I had schizophrenia. My therapist didn't understand what I meant by that, but I think its somewhat common for people with ocd to obsess about having another illness! I know I don't have it though, paranoia does come along with ocd often.