• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Does anyone do this?

B

broken1

I constantly test the waters. If people seem open and approachable I will let them in somewhat. But if they seem approachable or unfriendly I shut down. I always think" they must hate me" or" they think I'm too weird" .

I find myself doing that on here too. I want to reply to someone...write out my post...and delete. Am I alone in this?

LORD BURT

LORD BURT

In my experience - we can take things personally, but often that person will treat other people exactly the same way...

You are like a piece of clay - it will harden in time.

F

fair&square75

Hi Broken1 I cam relate to this,only when people are a little quieter and closed I tend to try and push them into things (like my friend doesn't like filthy humour so I tend to use it even more around her to get a reaction lol naughty but funny!) But I do think Brat tomato talks sense,sometimes that's just the way people are with everyone...also when I first came on here in November I didn't dare write anything and now I'm turning into a full scale gob sh*te �� haha just do it Broken 1,don't think about it...and you have brought up a very good point here so I'm sure you have a lot more ��