Does anyone actually like having EUPD/BPD?

• Thread starter midnightphoenix
  • Start date
E

EstherRose94

I like that I experience emotions in a strong way because it helps me be kind to others by understanding them and it fuels my imagination. It helps me write.

But I do not at all like that I cannot control my emotions very well.

Given the choice I’d rather be without it also.

megirl

megirl

I dont like the fear of being abandoned. But I have come to understand myself so much more. I am proud of just being me knowing that despite everything I went through as a child and beyond that I am a caring and empathetic person.
That I have managed somehow to get through the tough times and understand that I need to be cautious about allowing new people in my life.
The one thing that got me through was knowing that I will never ever end up being like my emotionally and physically abusive mother.
Guess that's what gave me strength to carry on

Soul_Deeps

Soul_Deeps

I don't really know because I don't know how it would be or feel like without. What I do know though is when I got the diagnosis I felt kind of relieved.

megirl

megirl

Yes it is a relief to know actually we aren't alone. That actually there's a reason how this come about the why's and how's to understanding our behaviour.
People with BPD do have a lot of good qualities that others will never have.
These have come about because of our experiences

Cpt_Stunning

Cpt_Stunning

no & yes, no because I drink every day because of it, & yes because it forces me to keep active to keep my mind off it, when I was a lot younger & didn't have BPD I'd quite happily stay inside for days on end playing computer games, but then again I didn't drink, or even the urge to drink.