• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Does anybody feel that....

A

AuroraBlues

....With a Borderline Personality Disorder diagnosis, you don't get taken seriously when in a crisis?

Usually i've been in crisis and i've just eventually dealt with it on my own.

My worst experience/episode being recently. i tried to seek help from my mental health team/crisis line etc.

I have Co-exhisting Psychosis, and whilst suffering a break. I called up the crisis line only to be told to try and make a cup of tea. I called my Care-Coordinator only to be told to read a book or have a hot bath (i don't have a bath, which she well knows).

Now before this recent episode of Psychosis, they took me off my Risperidone. I consisder myself to be relatively intelligent. So i put two and two togther and figured that No Risperidone = Recent Episode. Yet all the MH services can do to help me is read these dodgy distraction methods off a script.

Has anyone else experienced anything similar to this?

Aurora :)

T

takeholdofthedream

I would have to say no you dont get taken seriously,in my personal experiences in a crisis to name one a serious overdose went to hospital after a short while a doc came to talk (more insult) and was playing around in a dangerous zone teasing with words like stop acting like a kid and grow up (btw im 24).Saying that i found them useless and more depressing than when i went in the insult resulted in a 2nd OD.

Gail

Gail

yes i can identify with this. i was dx with bp first then the blpd came along later. i have find that since i have the dx of blpd that people dont take me seriously when im having a crsisis. i get the you are doing it for atension attitude and i hate that even got it last weekend when i got took in on a 136 by the police but they did put me in psy unit for 5 days only after i had told them wot i wanted to do to myself and that i had the means. Sorry but i get so angry about the bad press that a dx of blpd has

M

mad as a hatter

i,ve got both bipolor and bpd and as far as i,m concerened it,s only the borderline they c even tho i,ve been told lately my bipolor gettin worse i,ve still been called an attention seeker especially when in hospital so that makes me flip out so i accused even more cause my behaviour that sickens me mind u pdoc,s and the crisis team where i live have been much better with me this yr but only cause my family intervened or they wouldn,t care less i don,t think

T

takeholdofthedream

yes i can identify with this. i was dx with bp first then the blpd came along later. i have find that since i have the dx of blpd that people dont take me seriously when im having a crsisis. i get the you are doing it for atension attitude and i hate that even got it last weekend when i got took in on a 136 by the police but they did put me in psy unit for 5 days only after i had told them wot i wanted to do to myself and that i had the means. Sorry but i get so angry about the bad press that a dx of blpd has
You have the right to be angry i know i get very angry about it.hey your in norfolk me too ^_^.