• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

Does anybody feel that....

A

AuroraBlues

....With a Borderline Personality Disorder diagnosis, you don't get taken seriously when in a crisis?

Usually i've been in crisis and i've just eventually dealt with it on my own.

My worst experience/episode being recently. i tried to seek help from my mental health team/crisis line etc.

I have Co-exhisting Psychosis, and whilst suffering a break. I called up the crisis line only to be told to try and make a cup of tea. I called my Care-Coordinator only to be told to read a book or have a hot bath (i don't have a bath, which she well knows).

Now before this recent episode of Psychosis, they took me off my Risperidone. I consisder myself to be relatively intelligent. So i put two and two togther and figured that No Risperidone = Recent Episode. Yet all the MH services can do to help me is read these dodgy distraction methods off a script.

Has anyone else experienced anything similar to this?

Aurora :)

T

takeholdofthedream

I would have to say no you dont get taken seriously,in my personal experiences in a crisis to name one a serious overdose went to hospital after a short while a doc came to talk (more insult) and was playing around in a dangerous zone teasing with words like stop acting like a kid and grow up (btw im 24).Saying that i found them useless and more depressing than when i went in the insult resulted in a 2nd OD.

Gail

Gail

yes i can identify with this. i was dx with bp first then the blpd came along later. i have find that since i have the dx of blpd that people dont take me seriously when im having a crsisis. i get the you are doing it for atension attitude and i hate that even got it last weekend when i got took in on a 136 by the police but they did put me in psy unit for 5 days only after i had told them wot i wanted to do to myself and that i had the means. Sorry but i get so angry about the bad press that a dx of blpd has

M

mad as a hatter

i,ve got both bipolor and bpd and as far as i,m concerened it,s only the borderline they c even tho i,ve been told lately my bipolor gettin worse i,ve still been called an attention seeker especially when in hospital so that makes me flip out so i accused even more cause my behaviour that sickens me mind u pdoc,s and the crisis team where i live have been much better with me this yr but only cause my family intervened or they wouldn,t care less i don,t think

T

takeholdofthedream

yes i can identify with this. i was dx with bp first then the blpd came along later. i have find that since i have the dx of blpd that people dont take me seriously when im having a crsisis. i get the you are doing it for atension attitude and i hate that even got it last weekend when i got took in on a 136 by the police but they did put me in psy unit for 5 days only after i had told them wot i wanted to do to myself and that i had the means. Sorry but i get so angry about the bad press that a dx of blpd has
You have the right to be angry i know i get very angry about it.hey your in norfolk me too ^_^.

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
S Does Anybody Know What's Wrong With Me? Personality Disorders Forum 4
K does anybody have tips for dealing with paranoid thoughts Personality Disorders Forum 14
ItsNotFair Does mental health affect driving Personality Disorders Forum 7
T Does my nephew sound like he has personality disorder Personality Disorders Forum 3
C Does anyone know what its like to have Avoidant Personality Disorder? Personality Disorders Forum 7
R I think I have HPD; Does anyone display similar symptoms as me and what is your diagnosis? Personality Disorders Forum 1
M Does pristiq withdrawal causes Depersonalisation? Personality Disorders Forum 5
S Does my sister have persecutory paranoia?? Personality Disorders Forum 2
C What does it take to get hospital treatment. Personality Disorders Forum 29
I Does this mean I was misdiagnosed Personality Disorders Forum 2
T does anyone know difference between those medical diagnosis? Personality Disorders Forum 3
E Why does my mother always talk to herself in a angry tone? Personality Disorders Forum 6
S what does therapy even look like when you have a bunch of personality disorders. Personality Disorders Forum 4
A does he have a personality disorder? help! Personality Disorders Forum 2
J What does it mean if my eldest sibling does this to me? Personality Disorders Forum 4
S Does it sound like I have bpd Personality Disorders Forum 3
C newbie..Does this round like bpd? Personality Disorders Forum 5
C Does anyone understand this Personality Disorders Forum 3
B what does mean personality issue? Personality Disorders Forum 5
P I dont understand myself... nobody does... i need somebody to analyze me Personality Disorders Forum 1
S Does my second cousin suffers from personality disorder / mental illness? Personality Disorders Forum 9
D Does my Ex have Narcissistic Personality Disorder? Personality Disorders Forum 11
F Low motivation,where does it come from? Personality Disorders Forum 1
Y Does anyone else "love" whoever they are closest to? Personality Disorders Forum 8
A Does my Boyfriend Have a Personality Disorder. If so, what kind of disorder ? Personality Disorders Forum 5
DistressedPrincess Schizoid and a happy sex life, does it exist? Personality Disorders Forum 2
L Why does everyone hate me!? Personality Disorders Forum 2
emi-louu Does This Feeling Ever End? Personality Disorders Forum 2
S How does drinking affect you? And how do you feel the morning after? Personality Disorders Forum 18
holymoly will they write me off? does the help stop? Personality Disorders Forum 6
aleshadxcherylc help just taken a personality test what does this mean? Personality Disorders Forum 23
J What does my Personality Disorder diagnosis actually mean. Personality Disorders Forum 7
B Is anybody out there? Personality Disorders Forum 1
J Anybody with knowlege have a clue? Personality Disorders Forum 2
E Can't function. Anybody else suffer with bad 'splitting'? Personality Disorders Forum 4
American Boy How can I say something without offending anybody Personality Disorders Forum 14
S anybody want to chat? Personality Disorders Forum 21
S anybody fancy a chat? Personality Disorders Forum 11
tigerfish anybody out there? Personality Disorders Forum 9
M I dont feel there is "people like me", and this forum is a proof of it Personality Disorders Forum 13
M I feel observed all the time, but doesnt bothers me Personality Disorders Forum 11
M I cant feel close to people Personality Disorders Forum 7
M Feel Im not quite heard Personality Disorders Forum 2
NicoleB I feel like I’m losing my mind Personality Disorders Forum 10
wraziel I feel just a reaction man. Personality Disorders Forum 5
S Is This All Made Up? I Feel Like A Liar. Personality Disorders Forum 3
B This relationship doesnt feel right. Personality Disorders Forum 5
S I have personality disorder and really struggling with anything social. Feel really alone . All I do is work all I can to forget my problems. I have t Personality Disorders Forum 20
Ramson mash Anyone feel sassy? Personality Disorders Forum 10
D Feel lost and tired, and scared Personality Disorders Forum 2