• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Does anybody else think psychiatrists are complete wastes of space that cant do anytrhing right at all or purposefully muck everything up

P

python232

I have been hearing voices in my head for about 7 years now for two years before i used to have memories of things that never happened and bad/upseting/scary emotional problems for two years before that until someone trapped me in between awake and asleep and tryed to scramble my mind up and i got angry and stessed out trying to defend my mind and that drained me of my emotional problems over several days during the day when i was awake i would have intense amounts of stress untill one day something went pop in my mind and i starting getting voices in my head the intense stress wore off but slowly over the years the stress got gradually worse over the years as well as sleep problems and my mental functioning kept on getting worse over the year until i went to a psychiatrist who diagnosed me as a schizotypal when i have none of the symptoms and put me on risperidone which would only work until i starting to think about something and i would get the voices back especially if i tryed to read something otherwise i would be completly braindead and i would wakew up not being able to get up for several hours i have seen two psychiatrists since who have got at kleast half of what i said to them wrong and one put me on ariprzamole which didnt have any effect on me at all a part from make me a bit stupider fuck my head up more and stop me from sleeping for 4 days in a row .i know what gave me the intense stress that gave me the voices happened but the general consensus with those useless wastes of space is that it didnt happen .i have never had a delusion heard voices externally and i have never seen things that arent there and i have never had any memories that arent real for 7 years since i got the stress and the voices.Has anybody had similer experiences as me is this noraml with psychiatrists or not

JessisMe

JessisMe

I have been hearing voices in my head for about 7 years now for two years before i used to have memories of things that never happened and bad/upseting/scary emotional problems for two years before that until someone trapped me in between awake and asleep and tryed to scramble my mind up and i got angry and stessed out trying to defend my mind and that drained me of my emotional problems over several days during the day when i was awake i would have intense amounts of stress untill one day something went pop in my mind and i starting getting voices in my head the intense stress wore off but slowly over the years the stress got gradually worse over the years as well as sleep problems and my mental functioning kept on getting worse over the year until i went to a psychiatrist who diagnosed me as a schizotypal when i have none of the symptoms and put me on risperidone which would only work until i starting to think about something and i would get the voices back especially if i tryed to read something otherwise i would be completly braindead and i would wakew up not being able to get up for several hours i have seen two psychiatrists since who have got at kleast half of what i said to them wrong and one put me on ariprzamole which didnt have any effect on me at all a part from make me a bit stupider fuck my head up more and stop me from sleeping for 4 days in a row .i know what gave me the intense stress that gave me the voices happened but the general consensus with those useless wastes of space is that it didnt happen .i have never had a delusion heard voices externally and i have never seen things that arent there and i have never had any memories that arent real for 7 years since i got the stress and the voices.Has anybody had similer experiences as me is this noraml with psychiatrists or not
It sounds pretty normal to me...

EdEd

EdEd

I think that psychiatrists are treating Schizophrenia based on the current available evidence they have.. so in other words they feel like they're treating us correctly based off current evidence..

T

TyFence

im Sorry your feeling so bad but it takes time. Try to be patient with them while they figure you out. Don’t reject your only help. Meds are the first line of defense.
Ive always had good experiences and no messing with, though. There are other meds and other doctors for that matter. @python232 I know you’re mad, messing with the way you feel, when you only want to get better!?

S

Shlink

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Finding it difficult to follow what's happened because of your punctuation style (which is your choice and I'm not saying mine is great or anything). But I can say I have found that psychiatrists, being trained first as general doctors, sometimes think they can multi-task when sometimes they're missing what's going on psychologically. They can also have their medical training compartmentalised in one part of their brain and then have a folk psychology moral understanding of patients. One time I was in a ward round meeting before the psychotically paranoid patient got there, and the (male) psychiatrist goes, 'how can a grown man be so afraid?' with a gently mocking tone, as if sharing a realistic insight with the nurse lackeys.