• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Does anybody else get stuck on past events?

B

BpTyrant

From time to time I start thinking entirely too much and then I remember things from the past

Sometimes it can be good memories, but I can also remember bad things and feel terrible recalling them

Lately I guess I'm stuck in a sort of funk over how terrible some people can be

And then not only that, they get past all the bad things they have done that have effected you terribly and think its all a joke and think you are overreacting and its "bullying" them when you call them out for their crappy attitudes and how they like to make others feel terrible to make themselves feel better

They will even say "i have a bad sense of humor" to suggest they didn't do anything wrong

But I fail to see how people come to the conclusion that it is alright to see somebody having problems and think "gee, I see a potential victim, so im gonna add to their problems to make myself feel better"

Why can't people simply ignore others if their intention isn't to help them?

Like you would think they could simply either 1. Help you

Or 2. Move along and do nothing as thats better than trying to make someone feel terrible to make yourself feel better

Goes to show when online you never know when you may run into Human Garbage that sees you like an opportunity to Bully somebody to make their day a little better

V

Vegay

You're totally not alone in this.
I am always thinking about past events.
Often recalling them and imagining if things had turned out differently etc.
I also agree that people can be really crappy. I don't understand people like that.

Per Ardua Ad Astra

Per Ardua Ad Astra

Find myself doing the same quite a lot. Some not-so-nice people can also keeps historical fires burning too, so to speak, and can be quite sly about how they go about it. The objective is harassment and bullying, and to rub salt in the wounds :)

But what doesn't kill you makes you stronger, and the best way is to keep your head, and move forward the most effectively you can. Easy to say, but not necessarily easy to do :)

JessisMe

JessisMe

I have run into those kinds of people before. They are manipulative and power hungry and bully people as a way to exercise their dominance over them just for fun. Why are some
people like this I will never know. But they can literally ruin lives. xo, j

jajingna

jajingna

what doesn't kill you makes you stronger
Your message is one of positivity and encouragement, and I'm just being a nitpicker here, but that expression is weird. A car accident might not kill me, it may just put me in a wheelchair for life.

M

markprosso538

Yea everyday I think of crap from my past. I try to look at it like I wasn't innocent all the time either and have hurt and used people, some of them deserved it but a lot didn't. My biggest fear is letting family and friends down and sometimes feel like I didn't amount to what I thought I should've. It's hard to control my mind as it just kind of wanders off. Sometimes I prefer to be in a mild depression cause at least my mind is moving slow and feel somewhat tamed.

anex

anex

I so relate to this and I feel your hurt. It’s valid.

Keesha

Keesha

Hey! It sucks even more when the people hassling , abusing and taking advantage of you are your own family. It’s a whole new can of worms then. 😏

S

Shay94

I feel your pain, I'm the exact same. I've been overthinking lots bout past things that have happened, going back over the memories & wondering if I'd done something differently, would it have changed the end outcome of it all? I think bout this all the time but am trying to stop as it becomes too draining & if I'm constantly stuck on a loop thinking bout past events, then I'm not able to move forward. There's no point in reliving the past, you can't change it so its better to move on so I find its better to focus on the present, spend time with those who care deeply & just be yourself

W

Wanttofeelpeace5

some people are just said pricks that have no thoughts for anybody but themselfs .. they lure you in because of your good nature and spit you out when you need support or understanding . got to learn to not ignore the red flags or you are left trying to escape the maze when they are finished with you . yes there are lots of nice humans out there but if it looks toxic and doesnt feel right then it is toxic xx

Hillman hunter

Hillman hunter

yes i do this so much, im always being swallowed up by the past. i cant seem to escape.

Sadly some people are bad news, just add to your problems and self doubt.
The only answer i have is to avoid them. I ve made the mistake of trying to rekindle the friendship, it wont work, just more confusion and hurt.

W

Wanttofeelpeace5

yes i do this so much, im always being swallowed up by the past. i cant seem to escape.

Sadly some people are bad news, just add to your problems and self doubt.
The only answer i have is to avoid them. I ve made the mistake of trying to rekindle the friendship, it wont work, just more confusion and hurt.
and heres the great thing though hillman is 100% a good human

W

Wanttofeelpeace5

im getting better thanks . had a bad week but thats all part of my healing journey and feeling like ive got a couple of great weeks comimg up . still a work in process but am learning to enjoy the now and the future which is something i couldnt have done 24months ago . mindfulness seems to have a positive effect on me .