• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

Does anti-deprassants affect thought patterns?

D

DontHaveOne

Hi. I've been suffering from horrible, horrible emotions because of the thought patterns
I have created in my mind and therefore I can't get rid of them. I am suicidal as hell. I'm going to see a doctor at 29th and they'll probably give me an anti depressant. What im asking is, if i take this anti depressant regularly for a weeks and lets say my anxiety levels dropped, is this means my thought pattern will change to positive? Or will anti depressant work at all? Because all they made so far was make me feels much worse everytime i took them.

N

Nukelavee

In my experience - they make me feel less bad, not really better. My meds take the edge off my negative moods, they make them easier to handle.

Not all anti-depressants work the same on all people - it might take a few tries to get teh right one.

But, trust me - when they work, it's worth it.

D

DL1

Explain to your psychiatrist what your thoughts are,we have all experienced what you r thinking.
I take an anti depressant with a mood
Stabilizer called lithium which alleviate suicidal thoughts.
Anti depressants work I suffer with bipolar 2my meds r working for me.

D

DontHaveOne

Thanks for the replies guys. Besides that im an xanax addict, would it be ok for me to take these meds with xanax?

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
E Does depression make you say things you don’t mean to the people closest to you? Depression Forum 6
G How to deal with a partner that does not understand mental issues? Depression Forum 1
MeAndMyDepression Does anyone else suffer from bipolar depression? Depression Forum 9
I What Does Loneliness Do To You? Depression Forum 25
A does anyone else think they are really boring Depression Forum 17
G Why does life hate me? Depression Forum 5
L does someone want to chat about SSRIs and failing meds? Depression Forum 5
I Why does it always happen when I’m upset? Depression Forum 3
DistantOcean What depression does to me Depression Forum 1
L If I Don't Believe I'll Ever Be Happy, Does That Guarantee I Won't? Depression Forum 41
J does exercise really help moderate to servere depression? Depression Forum 28
S Does mindfulness meditation helps to overcome panic attacks? Depression Forum 9
M Does any of you have just null days ? Depression Forum 5
BLUESTAR009 If a person has one month of chronic depression does that age the face or is that not enough time to do aging damage? Depression Forum 5
Carol1952 Feeling so depressed why does this have to happen to us? Depression Forum 12
J does this make sense? low dose of seraquel Depression Forum 4
S Does anyone know why antidepressants only seem to work for me some of the time? Depression Forum 18
G Does anyone else feel like this? Depression Forum 2
D Why does my close friend with depression shut me out - but keeps other people? Depression Forum 8
O Does Depression ever go away? Depression Forum 2
H Does anyone know how to manage triggers?? Depression Forum 4
T Reluctant to anti depressants Depression Forum 12
H Insomnia and anxiety from starting anti-depressant. Suggestions??? Depression Forum 6
mom j Influenza and hospitalized, got an anti depressant prescribed during my stay Depression Forum 5
S Anti seizure meds for anxiety has someone tried this? Depression Forum 4
Mario82 Do you ever miss your anti-depressants because you get out of the habit of taking them? Depression Forum 7