• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

does a schizophrenic have a vocation in life

K

karl7

do schziophrenics have a vocation in life

M

Mister_Fabulous formerly BetaMale

I would imagine it's hard to hold down a job with a severe mental illness. I have bipolar disorder and OCD, and don't work because of this.

J

jed

I am a paranoid schizophrenic.Diagnosed when aged 33.Did an English degree at 42.Taught basic English to adults till I retired.Worked all my life.With medication anyone can have a successful working life.

L

Lab rat

I find it hard to hold a job. Ironically not the mental illness, but the drowsiness from the meds

P

pollypocket88

I was hoping to go back to work but when one side affect from the meds get better another one comes I can hardly walk now so I don’t think I’ll be able to work for a long time but any thing is possible

L

Lab rat

I was hoping to go back to work but when one side affect from the meds get better another one comes I can hardly walk now so I don’t think I’ll be able to work for a long time but any thing is possible
The benefit system is supposed to be a safety net for when you CANNOT work. The jobs i have applied for are at least getting back to me, but I have relapsed since I applied and at the moment I don’t feel I can work

P

pollypocket88

The benefit system is supposed to be a safety net for when you CANNOT work. The jobs i have applied for are at least getting back to me, but I have relapsed since I applied and at the moment I don’t feel I can work
You would think that wouldn’t you but think they make it so hard for you I can’t get esa because of my partners income .
And waiting to hear bout my pip application which I’m sure I won’t get for months if it wasn’t for my partner I Duno where I would be but I Also wanna have my own money and contribute .

It’s the one thing after the other with my health not only do I have mental illness to battle it’s also medication .