• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

does a schizophrenic have a vocation in life

K

karl7

do schziophrenics have a vocation in life

M

Mister_Fabulous formerly BetaMale

I would imagine it's hard to hold down a job with a severe mental illness. I have bipolar disorder and OCD, and don't work because of this.

J

jed

I am a paranoid schizophrenic.Diagnosed when aged 33.Did an English degree at 42.Taught basic English to adults till I retired.Worked all my life.With medication anyone can have a successful working life.

L

Lab rat

I find it hard to hold a job. Ironically not the mental illness, but the drowsiness from the meds

P

pollypocket88

I was hoping to go back to work but when one side affect from the meds get better another one comes I can hardly walk now so I don’t think I’ll be able to work for a long time but any thing is possible

L

Lab rat

I was hoping to go back to work but when one side affect from the meds get better another one comes I can hardly walk now so I don’t think I’ll be able to work for a long time but any thing is possible
The benefit system is supposed to be a safety net for when you CANNOT work. The jobs i have applied for are at least getting back to me, but I have relapsed since I applied and at the moment I don’t feel I can work

P

pollypocket88

The benefit system is supposed to be a safety net for when you CANNOT work. The jobs i have applied for are at least getting back to me, but I have relapsed since I applied and at the moment I don’t feel I can work
You would think that wouldn’t you but think they make it so hard for you I can’t get esa because of my partners income .
And waiting to hear bout my pip application which I’m sure I won’t get for months if it wasn’t for my partner I Duno where I would be but I Also wanna have my own money and contribute .

It’s the one thing after the other with my health not only do I have mental illness to battle it’s also medication .

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
OCDguy What does it feel like to be Schizophrenic? Schizophrenia Forum 10
S Does anyone have any first hand experience of clozapine? Schizophrenia Forum 9
K Does my roommate have schizophrenia? Schizophrenia Forum 5
C Does anyone else feel like they have cameras in their body? Schizophrenia Forum 12
Someone_alone why does this happen Schizophrenia Forum 4
K Does youre delusions disappear after eating and drinking? Schizophrenia Forum 8
T Does anyone knows how hidden cameras work? Schizophrenia Forum 5
soul searching Does anybody else have this? Schizophrenia Forum 1
soul searching Does anyone know anything about this? Schizophrenia Forum 9
T Does meds help with pushes Schizophrenia Forum 5
T How long does hidden cameras batteries last? Schizophrenia Forum 21
L Does anyone else suffer from the cognitive/negatives? Schizophrenia Forum 18
K Does council take old broken furniture from the 3rd floor council flat, no lift available Schizophrenia Forum 6
Riah3 Does schizophrenia cause violence Schizophrenia Forum 32
F Hello everyone - delusions vivid confusing dreams does anyone else get this? Schizophrenia Forum 27
blog15 Does your mood, impact your symptoms? Schizophrenia Forum 1
blog15 does anybody see their words as you speak? Schizophrenia Forum 7
Mr.NiceGuy Does the balance system do more than balance? Schizophrenia Forum 1
B TRIGGER WARNING, Health anxiety sufferers should not read this! Does it look like schizophrenia or dementia? What do you think? Schizophrenia Forum 13
Mr.NiceGuy does depression start in the genitalia? Schizophrenia Forum 11
D Looking for ANY kind of advice, I think my husband has some type of schizophrenic episodes.. and idk what im doing here PLEASE HELP US.!! Schizophrenia Forum 9
Hello513 I think I am schizophrenic. Schizophrenia Forum 18
T How do you know you are schizophrenic? Schizophrenia Forum 19
T What are schizophrenic delusions typically like? Schizophrenia Forum 44
A schizophrenic treatment for my brother Schizophrenia Forum 3
Ineedhelp2921 As a Schizophrenic, what would you like people to know? Schizophrenia Forum 19
Micsodi Bearing children as a schizophrenic Schizophrenia Forum 11
Schizohayez youtube video (by a schizophrenic to learn about schizo) Schizophrenia Forum 10
TheEagle15 Im sad because of the way my life is, schizophrenic? Schizophrenia Forum 11
LORD BURT Interview with a schizophrenic. Schizophrenia Forum 5
E Is there any hope for my schizophrenic dad Schizophrenia Forum 5
E Question about schizophrenic behavior Schizophrenia Forum 4
Mario82 Is it unusual for a schizophrenic never to hear voices or have hallucinations? Schizophrenia Forum 31
K what advice would you give a downtrodden schizophrenic who has lost hope in meds Schizophrenia Forum 5
T I think I may be schizophrenic Schizophrenia Forum 8