Ivory_NK

Ivory_NK

i tell them i have severe paranoia and delusions that ive had for 10 years

but they diagnose me with EUPD and completely ignore what im saying

i was diagnosed originally with schizophrenia, then they suddenly change it

what am i supposed to do? im severely paranoid

InfiniteRectangles

InfiniteRectangles

Is it possible for you to see a different doctor? I am kind of in the same boat as you, so I understand. My psychiatrist is lousy at his job. He doesn't listen to me when I tell him about my mental health problems, and he prescribes the newest meds because he gets paid more to prescribe them, not because he actually thinks they will help me. I tell him about side effects and he doesn't think they are a big deal. That's easy for him to say. He's not the one experiencing them. I would switch to someone else but he's the only one I can afford. Anyway, if you can, I would switch doctors. If you can't then you might just have to put your foot down to get them to listen to you. I am sorry you are going through this. :hug1:

vanish

vanish

I'm the other way around. I was originally misdiagnosed as BPD before my first fully fledged mania. It was only then I let the flood gates open and because I was psychotic at the time I went completely and utterly paranoid delusional. Only then was my diagnonsense changed to schizoaffective disorder.

N

nightmare57

I'm the other way around. I was originally misdiagnosed as BPD before my first fully fledged mania. It was only then I let the flood gates open and because I was psychotic at the time I went completely and utterly paranoid delusional. Only then was my diagnonsense changed to schizoaffective disorder.
I too was diagnosed with BPD first. At first I was in a depression and had suicidal ideation, I told the psychiatrist I felt empty inside and they diagnosed me with BPD, It wasn't until mania hit that they then diagnosed me with Bipolar. Then I become psychotic. 4 years on I'm diagnosed with Schizoaffective Disorder. They've taken the BPD of my record but it was hard to get it taken off. I just have attachment issues now.

Ivory - I think if you were previously diagnosed with schizophrenia and they changed it too EUPD they could suspect that you faked schizophrenia thats why they changed it. EUPD has a bad stigma attached because they see you as manipulative. You can have psychosis with EUPD but its pseudo psychosis. I would ask a reason why they changed it.

vanish

vanish

I went through that nightmare, they thought I was faking it too. BPD/EUPD gets a really bad rap. I was diagnosed with BPD on the criteria that I was a young woman in my prime, I felt empty and was constantly suicidal. It was a diagnosis I knew didn't 'fit' but tried to live with. It wasn't until my mania that anyone took me seriously (and even then in the early days of mania they didn't take me seriously). I was manic for about 2 weeks and even though I did a lot of damaging behaviours while manic, they tried to fit it in the box of BPD and poor impulse control. It took a doctor at a different hospital to recognise the signs and symptoms of bipolar and paranoia. It took a long time and lengthy observation in hospital before my current diagnosis of schizoaffective disorder was reached.