• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Doctors don't no nothing about mentel illness

J

Jas

Last night my mum said I can't download a app on my phone because of low storage place on her phone. So I said to her I'll sort it out for you when I went on the phone I deleted some apps which didn't bring the storage down then I tried to delete all the photos then I could feel I was getting confused not relaxed anixious getting agitated that I should no all this. But this was the first time I have done this. But my mind kept telling me you should have figured it out by now then I started reading up on i clould I was on the phone for 4 hrs finally I got tired and went to sleep my mind was all over the place these things didn't happen to me before I didn't used to get like this. Now I feel scead tense of doing other things that I should be able to do I just don't feel confident when I was on 200mg of sertraline I didn't get these problems iam on 150 mg of sertraline now I went to my doctor for help he just said to me what do you want to do he was asking me everything he's the bloody doctor he just said change your lifestyle its all in the head. And he said tablets is not the answer he didn't know nothing about mentel illness. I must be imagining everything I know it's the mentel illness that doing all this to me like yesterday when I was trying to reduce space so the storage will increase on mu mums mobile phone. So I want people view on my problems then last week I tried to change the headlight bulb on my car I was anixious before I was going to change it I was a hour outside. In the cold trying to change the bulb I was getting angry agigtatated body getting tense getting sweaty just not feeling carm then when I could change the bulb I went to a garage they changed the bulb In under a minute that day I felt I just wanted to die. Now iam anxious about future tasks I hardly eat can't sleep my life is over

H

Helena1

Forum Safety Team
Have you had or asked for therapy? in some places you can self refer, look up IAPT.

J

Jas

I have had talking therapy it didn't do nothing for me I knew it wouldnt do nothing before because its to do with brain chemistry

M

Mister_Fabulous formerly BetaMale

I have had talking therapy it didn't do nothing for me I knew it wouldnt do nothing before because its to do with brain chemistry
Talking to a trained therapist is likely to have a therapeutic effect that will result in a positive effect on your brain chemistry.

N

Nukelavee

Some of it is chemistry, some of it is habit. And some of it is physical.

You have an anxiety disorder?

If that's the major issue, drugs just sorta mask things. I mean, they make a difference, but part of it, in my experience, is that (mine) dull the worst effects of anxiety and depression. But the habits and behaviour are still there.

you need to make a habit of calming yourself down so you can think. Right now, you are used to getting overwhelmed, you kinda "let" it happen, because you expect it to happen. So you need to learn how to control this confused thinking better. That's where therapy comes in. It's where you learn how to take advantage of how the drugs help you. Therapy will help you figure out your triggers, and how to cope with them.

Plus, physically, if you do things a certain way long enough, your brain gets trained to automatically think that way. We can literally change our own wiring to be more, or less, effective.

So, working on coping with racing and confused thoughts means your brain will learn how to automatically deal with it.

does that make any sense?