• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

Doctors Do They Really Care?

M

Marquis

i have had a social anxiety problem now for a long time been going to the doctors for help with this problem,but to me they do not give a damn about you or what your going through.

J

jamesdean

I guess I'm extremely lucky I have a fantastic doctor but then I dont do very well with consultants both psych's n physica, I've only ever really hit it off with two n you know how many you go through in a life time.

I know when I first started going to the doctors with mh it wasnt so easy because no ones got a clear picture but then they should at least respect you and take you seriously this day n age things should be better.

Keep fighting until you find someone that does understand you go round the practice I dont see my doctor ever I found another on e in the practice and have seen him for the last 15 years there are others in the practice that on occasions they have been ok but not for me n I maintain when the doctor I see retires I'm just going to a poly clinic.

H

HONEYSWEET

yes i do think doctors care, they care about there huge pay packets everything else they dont give a stuff. keep trying though u might come across 1 and keep asking for help make em work

Q

quality factor

I've only ever had one GP who really cared, she was the one who got me through the death of my partner..she willed me not to kill myself.
Then she left the practice and I was lost.
Fortunately I now have an excellent CPN and she gets me through.

They earn a hell of a lot, think some really earn it, but others just go through the motions of being a medic. I think one is very lucky these days if you can find a doctor that treats you like a person and not like another punter coming through the door.

QF.

J

jamesdean

I agree I am so lucky that my doctor is human if not I dont know where I would be

intelgal

intelgal

Founding Member
I have been pretty fortunate really and have has two GPs and a psych that have really cared. However, I was forced to see a different GP the other day who kept going on about what my diagnosis was.. I felt like saying I am a person not a diagnosis! :-(

T

Twylight

i have had a social anxiety problem now for a long time been going to the doctors for help with this problem,but to me they do not give a damn about you or what your going through.
Marquis, please change your Doctor..

M

Marquis

update

just last week i seen two new doctors, I got a another appointment with them next week, I will keep you update with how things go thanks for the support.

L

lonelyandlost

I must admit I hate Dr's and thought none in the world cared, but I have recently moved house and registered with our local one and she is so patient, she tells me straight about how she is feeling about things, but she has given me so much support. I think I am only just realising this but she is the only person that has given me so much support and guidence. I am very lucky

Eleison

Eleison

I have a wonderful GP. She's warm, kind, reassuring, steadying.
I hope your new GP is just as lovely.

Enpi

Enpi

I don't think they care about you in the same way your family and friends do, but they do care about their patients to some extent. I mean, it's their job to care! They have a responsibility towards their patients. At least that's what I think about my doctor.

L

leumagem

I don't think they care. Why would they? Its their job. They go to work, dish out a load of meds, get paid loads, happy days. Would you care about some random that came to tell you about their problems. They are almost definately sick of it! They are trained to be empathetic remember, its not real. Its a necessary evil though sometimes, they know their stuff and can help ocassionaly!!!

A

Apotheosis

I don't think they care. Why would they? Its their job. They go to work, dish out a load of meds, get paid loads, happy days. Would you care about some random that came to tell you about their problems. They are almost definately sick of it!
Bout sums it up.

Blackrat

Blackrat

I doubt they care at all. The first GP I tried told me I was "a waste of his time" and the second one gives me a choice of pills or Jesus. Hence the reason I've given up.