doctor has reason to beleive i have ASD /borderline personality disorder

P

pdrpaul

Hi guys. looking for advice dr has said i have symptoms of ASD/ border line personality disorder. i have been diagnosed as having anxiety / depression for 3 years but CBD etc aint helped TBH. been on many medications the worst of which was one which made me physically want to seriously f++k people up (martazipine) was the one.. i literally wanted to kill people and had a seriously short fuse which is nothing like me, after this i have been so nervous to take anything the dr has prescribed me i refuse too take it im convinced they are trying to mess me up the other pills they put me on has made me gain 5 stone, before this i was a pretty lean 12 stone bodybuilder with weight in the correct areas. these pills have ruined me with weight gain.. after looking online i do have lots of traits of BLPD AND ASD but is there any cure or should i just give up now :(

Luci

Luci

I have BPD and there was a few therapists that mentioned traits of autism, however there are patterns of thinking and behaviour that are similar in both. Has your doc referred you to be assessed? Mirtazapine didn't agree with me either (hallucinations), do you feel like you need meds to stabilise your mood/function better or not? There is no 'cure' for either condition. They are life long. We simply learn ways to cope with our traits with or without support/therapy and label/cope with our emotions and triggers :)

S

Sula

Hi guys. looking for advice dr has said i have symptoms of ASD/ border line personality disorder. i have been diagnosed as having anxiety / depression for 3 years but CBD etc aint helped TBH. been on many medications the worst of which was one which made me physically want to seriously f++k people up (martazipine) was the one.. i literally wanted to kill people and had a seriously short fuse which is nothing like me, after this i have been so nervous to take anything the dr has prescribed me i refuse too take it im convinced they are trying to mess me up the other pills they put me on has made me gain 5 stone, before this i was a pretty lean 12 stone bodybuilder with weight in the correct areas. these pills have ruined me with weight gain.. after looking online i do have lots of traits of BLPD AND ASD but is there any cure or should i just give up now :(
You might find that if you do have ASD this could be the trigger for your other issues. People with ASD can exhaust themselves with anxiety by mimicking and masking in order to navigate social and emotional life. Relationships can be a minefield. Please know there is help there. The National Autistic Society website is incredible with many many youtube clips, they offer support and also have contacts around UK. If you are not in UK give their website a read. You can do this 🙂

J

jack black

IMHO, the problem is there are too many overlaps for some cases to be diagnosed correctly. there are similarities in BPD, BD, high functioning ASD, anxiety/phobias, substance abuse, and ADHD.
OP, if you had any times you felt great and energized, even if triggered by something, you may have BP and need mood stabilizers. Good luck!