• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Do your voices speak in sentences?

calypso

calypso

Admin
Mine vary. Normally its sentences involving how disgusting and revolting I am and the assorted swear words which go with that. The "man" wants me to do something so he can get out of my head, he doesn't like it in there and the woman is kind - usually, but she did then betray me, so I don't trust her.

Otherwise, I get my name called in the house, laughter which I take as against me, and a feeling of menace. I have had whispers which don't make sense. Why do you ask Te?

LORD BURT

LORD BURT

Yes they do, and they address me as if we are in the same room. Totally bananas.

E

Eigau

Well Ive only had sentences since 2011 when I thought it all started. But recalling that there were times prior to that, that I would be walking through the mall and my name was being called but no one was there. Or random insults directed at me. I now believe they were voices just wondered if that was how they started off. I've also had musical experiences since I was a teen but I thought everybody could do it :)

calypso

calypso

Admin
On the musical theme, Beethoven went deaf, but he could still compose fine works because he could hear the music inside. Its a myth that composers sit at a piano to work things out, most can hear it inside their heads and hear the clashes, the mistakes etc. My mum had perfect pitch and could always hear full concerts inside.

Maybe you are a musical genius Te? I have heard people have half sentences and snippets of a conversation, as though its going on elsewhere, and they are just over hearing it. Unfortunately, my voices are horrible and LOUD. But I'm lucky in that they don't appear all the time, I haven't got them now for instance.

LORD BURT

LORD BURT

I guess we are all on meds. Ever wonder what happens off meds? total carnage. at one point i started getting visions. but it drives you mad after a while.

Passionflower

Passionflower

I have voices talking in sentences but my first ones I heard were just single words or murmurs sometimes. My voices are loud and horrible for the greater part of the day and boring and repetitive at other times.

F

flatz

Yes, they speak in sentences.

Some of the things I'm instructed to do are purely bizarre.

LORD BURT

LORD BURT

It actually worked for someone I knew but
have you ever tried telling the voices to stay outside?
The origin of the voices do seem to come from outside.

SarahD

SarahD

The voices I hear do mainly speak in sentences, don't always make sense to me, sometimes say random things, random phrases. Sometimes horrible things. Mostly they are external voices, but sometimes inside my head. They are not always there. I am not taking any meds because the meds have damaged me. Quite bad at the moment because I am quite psychotic at the moment.

Has anyone had the experience of hearing a voice inside the noise of something like a domestic appliance, a vacuum cleaner, fan or washing machine? This happened to me, the voice was very real and distinct but within the other noise somehow.

I

insignificant_one

My voices speak to me in sentences - they always have. Whether they make sense is another thing. They come out with some illogical things.

M

Metronomy

When mine first started they spoke in sentences. Also used vocabulary beyond my education level. Some had british accents and even used british slang words which I had to look up. Occasionally. As time goes on they got more subjective and distorted. Vocabulary faded, then grammar, and sentence structure. As I healed those parts of my conscious mind were reclaimed by me and reoriented towards outside instead of inside. now I hear disjointed sentences and garble mostly.

fazza

fazza

Has anyone had the experience of hearing a voice inside the noise of something like a domestic appliance, a vacuum cleaner, fan or washing machine? This happened to me, the voice was very real and distinct but within the other noise somehow.
Yes I have had voices coming from the extractor fan in the bathroom when I was taking a bath. I was quite unwell at the time and when I went to see my doctor he had a fan on his desk and I asked him to switch it off