• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

do your eyes squint when you are in psychotic episode?

J

jackychen

mine mostly often did, myeyes are like glazing furiously , at the same time they squint

T

toto

Will he translate it the way I want? I see a lot of flatulence in crisis. :D My whole face is tense, my pupils are bent, I even bend one eye. I look old. Even my husband noticed that my face was completely changed into a crisis.

Donovan Stephenson (was EdEd)

mine mostly often did, myeyes are like glazing furiously , at the same time they squint
Mine did also. During psychotic episodes I would walk around and it looked like I was squinting at people.

After I got my medication adjusted I stopped having psychotic episodes as much and because I wasnt going through psychosis.. my eyes didnt squint as much or at all.

Abilify 20 mg , Propranolol, Hydroxyzine, and Trazadone

Aah , a little bit crossed eyed?

mansquintingpic.jpg
This is me during a psychosis.

D

DLswifey3825

Idk what I'm doing really .. my husband and I are high school sweethearts, we have two beautiful children ages 12 and 14 and he just recently came home from a very long stay in prison, 10 years and 2 months, having spent 18 months straight in the hole right after going down; he came home finally at the end of Nov 2019 and by Dec 26, 2019 he was acting EXTREMELY weird. Talking to and seeing people. He asks me if he's going to die because he feels like someones going to kill him. There's just....ALOT of stuff that goes with it. Idk what to do short of having him committed to the hospital for a 72 hr observation, which..is NOT a good idea.. our marriage, at the moment, is in a very rocky place and he doesnt trust me enough to let me have him admitted to the hospital to figure this out. Side note - my husband's biological father was diagnosed years ago with schizophrenia, genius level IQ, but CRAZYYY .. my husband did not grow up around his dad, and ik that THAT doesn't say that he ISNT going to experience the same symptoms or be plagued with this mental illness; I, too, suffer from a lengthy-ish diagnosis. I just need help. Idk what to do.

J

jackychen

Idk what I'm doing really .. my husband and I are high school sweethearts, we have two beautiful children ages 12 and 14 and he just recently came home from a very long stay in prison, 10 years and 2 months, having spent 18 months straight in the hole right after going down; he came home finally at the end of Nov 2019 and by Dec 26, 2019 he was acting EXTREMELY weird. Talking to and seeing people. He asks me if he's going to die because he feels like someones going to kill him. There's just....ALOT of stuff that goes with it. Idk what to do short of having him committed to the hospital for a 72 hr observation, which..is NOT a good idea.. our marriage, at the moment, is in a very rocky place and he doesnt trust me enough to let me have him admitted to the hospital to figure this out. Side note - my husband's biological father was diagnosed years ago with schizophrenia, genius level IQ, but CRAZYYY .. my husband did not grow up around his dad, and ik that THAT doesn't say that he ISNT going to experience the same symptoms or be plagued with this mental illness; I, too, suffer from a lengthy-ish diagnosis. I just need help. Idk what to do.
maybe to you can make a thread and try to figure out a solution with all of us , do you have any people to discuss about it in real life? like mental health team / professional psychiatrist / social workers , etc