• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Do you voices speak using the sound of other things around you?

E

Eigau

Hi there, I think this is a common occurence. Sometimes I'll hear a voice inside the sound of my exhail. Or Sometimes I will hear a voice muttering inside the sound of the fridge. Other times the birds tweeting would form words too. It is difficult to describe but I hope it is understood.

Take care, Te

Last edited:
SarahD

SarahD

Thanks te, I hadn't heard of it happening to anyone. Happened to me with a washing machine and the voice was so clear and distinct it really freaked me out. It was inside the noise and rhythm of the machine but also separate. I think the fact that it was talking about something I had been thinking made it worse, how could it know what I was thinking? But then the voices are supposed to come from ourselves. I don't know.

LORD BURT

LORD BURT

A long time ago, when I first became ill and had little insight or understanding of psychosis - yes this did happen to me. It was an odd tale too. The small fridge in the kitchen took the form of voices - after a while this fridge broke down. Also the extractor fan in the loo took the form of voices - it also broke down.

M

Metronomy

This has happened to me also and I think it's common. It sounds almost like fast forward on a cassette player and then coreographed to coincide with the pitch and volume of squeaks and bumps of mundane objects around me. I don't know why that is it's bizarre. When it gets bothersome I just will myself to find a squeaky fridge door more interesting and positive than the dialogue, and train my ears back to 3d life.