• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

do you think wee end up in a better place after we complete this lifetime?

ht46

ht46

We comfort ourselves in believing we can predict our after life, so much so it feels real. But there is no knowing, you can have faith but that's not fact somewhat delusional but still comforting.
In the religious sense we have all the answers but it's based on dogma so still faith not fact, you could call it self denial, in that we are denying the fact that no one actually knows. Particle theory is the closest we have to an understanding in that the atoms that construct us continue existing.

M

Marianda

I don't think so. There is no evidence that points towards an afterlife, or heaven/hell existing in any way. As far as i see it, its a Manmade concept.
What i think happens when we die is simply answered with a question:
What was there BEFORE i where born/achieved concience? Right. Nothing.

Could be totally wrong and i absolutely understand how the thought of an afterlife can help folks.
Certainly hope that im totally wrong.
We have no evidence at all about what happens after life. For me, all answers are valid. Anything can happen/Nothing can happen. All thoughts / opinions are welcomed.