• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

do you think wee end up in a better place after we complete this lifetime?

M

Marianda

I have Faith life has a purpose and one of the purposes is to leaven our soul for the Afterlife. There are many great videos on YouTube regarding people who have died and been resuscitated and had amazing NDE (near death experiences). Several of them are highly educated doctors and scientists-even a world recognized Neural Surgeon-and the experience they had was so real, so amazing, so compelling that it changed their life forever when they returned to this reality.

Don't take my word for it, but don't fail to look into those videos-some of them are amazing. When an experience is so compelling to change the life's direction of very successful and educated people, there has to be something to it. I can't dismiss it as simply a visions of a semi-conscious brain-some of these people had flat-lined and had no measurable brain function.
I saw all those videos. I have been researching the subject for a long time. My question is what happens if someone commits suicide??? Will there be a punishment??

M

Misssad1111

I saw all those videos. I have been researching the subject for a long time. My question is what happens if someone commits suicide??? Will there be a punishment??
Nobody knows. Nobody can definitively answer that.

Maitri

Maitri

I'm totally agnostic regarding future lives. In fact I "believe" virtually nothing. I see almost all religion as a betrayal of this world for some imagined "other". Anticipation of something better purely as a result of dying (or for that matter, something worse) simply detracts from the intensity of the present and the potentials it offers for a better life now.

Trust in Reality is important to me, but not anticipations. Strangely, I find trust actually comes with no guarantees.

slowturtle

slowturtle

I'm really worried about it

I would love a fresh start, but God is not stupid so I got to try my best to be like mother Theresa until this life is over.

I once prayed for cancer. That was extremely dark but mathematically it made sense. I had no values left.
Some who live with it may find that insulting.
I dont want cancer, it was the most dignified option in my mind.
And I could not end myself.

A

Alexander Ypsilantis

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Randy Kay has spoken on this. Suicide is a sin, but it's no worse sin than others. God can forgive all sins, his Love has no limits. With that said taking your own life is repudiating God's reason for placing us in this existence, we have no right to do that. We need to fight it out and stay until the last act is played, whatever that is.

Last edited by a moderator:
A

Alexander Ypsilantis

ACCOUNT CLOSED
It would be unfair to punish people if they commit suicide. When people do that its because the suffering is unbearable.
God does not punish us, we punish ourselves. Hell is not a punishment from God, it's existing for eternity without God's presence.

If someone truly believes in the Lord but is dragged down by mental health issues and end up committing suicide, that sin will be forgiven. God will not 'punish' that person. But, with that said we must work hard to deal with the frustrations, disappointments and tragedies of this existence. We're here for a reason and ending our lives because of difficult circumstances is not the way it's intended to be. Stay the course, be stubborn in the face of trials. God loves us even when we don't love ourselves.

M

Marianda

@Alexander Ypsilantis thanks, your message makes me feel relieved. I've always struggled with the thought of punishment as a result of suicide. I'm not planning to kill myself but as you know, when we are depressed the thought of suicide is a ghost constantly dancing in our minds.

Kotter

Kotter

i think we go to a better or worse place after this life depending what we put out here.

S

SGS

New genes switch on after death. Plausible consciousness can exist without the body. Wouldn't know what is to come after life but wouldn't write it off. After all we are here and so that is evidence we are already somewhere with consciousness. Not that I'd know anything about process or destination, the basic intuition that there is something is as valid as the idea there is nothing. No evidence either way. For now.

LearntheEssentials

LearntheEssentials

I don't think so. There is no evidence that points towards an afterlife, or heaven/hell existing in any way. As far as i see it, its a Manmade concept.
What i think happens when we die is simply answered with a question:
What was there BEFORE i where born/achieved concience? Right. Nothing.

Could be totally wrong and i absolutely understand how the thought of an afterlife can help folks.
Certainly hope that im totally wrong.