• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Do you think schizophrenics are divinely gifted?

Capt Hooke

Capt Hooke

There's quite a list of great figures in history who were depressives, but I don't recall having seen a similar list for schizos. Who would be on it?

LORD BURT

LORD BURT

There's quite a list of great figures in history who were depressives, but I don't recall having seen a similar list for schizos. Who would be on it?
I believe captain Hooke was a schizo

Capt Hooke

Capt Hooke

There's a key issue; diagnosing schizos is a more recent and ill-defined challenge than diagnosing depressives. I think Captain Hooke has a few issues, but I don't have him down as schizo. What's strange is that he still feels he has one "great match" in him, or put another way, "miles to go before he sleeps". That's intriguing, possibly scary?

Capt Hooke

Capt Hooke

Ah, there is confusion here. Capt Hooke is not the same as Hook the fictional character in Peter Pan!

N

natalie

In answer to the topic question, I am gifted. And what I personally don't like is the stigma attached to the problems, I have which are relatively mild. Yes, I might be classed as a mild szchiophrenia character, however as I once said, I certainly act on the wrong doing side of things, or criminal sort, so yes, I am positiively gifted to give examples, I'll go out when normally up and running, volunteering and can get tasks done I can handle/manage, I will do my fitness stratergy workouts, I listen to music and I'll knit.

So yes, overall, I am gifted.

S

shawnshaw

sometimes i think that...like they are experiencing something we are unable to.
my grandma was a paranoid schizophrenic and she didnt have the best quality of life.
But jesus christ was she smart!always ten steps ahead she was!

P

PsychoPrince

No but I do believe people with MH issues as a whole have an increased susceptibility to spiritual/divine activity. There are examples in the Bible of people who were tormented by demons that exhibited MH symptoms.

JessisMe

JessisMe

Historically a lot of cultures probably attributed mental illness to have spiritual origins so I can see the connection but today science and empiricism says NO.

Ghost_Owl

Ghost_Owl

Are people with cancer divinely gifted at vomiting? I would say yes. Anything that robs you of having the life you want or heaping needless suffering on you is no gift. Minor perks don't offset the struggle.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
P Schizophrenia Forum 18