• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

do you think psychiatric nursing would be too hard a job or easy

K

karl7

do you think you could do it

would you beable for the work placements

would you be able for the studies

having a mental illness would qualify you or not

is psych nursing an achievable goal

Mayflower7

Mayflower7

Hi,
Mental illness shouldn't exclude you, however I've known the NHS to discriminate.
To be a psych nurse, you need to be mentally stable.
Lots to learn on the course, that would be fun.
We need more caring psych nurses having personal experience can help.

M

ManDss

Are you willing to do that job ?

Psychiatric nursing includes change diapers ? If does, maybe you should take that in count.

Dont know how hard is to study that, but if you want it you should take a try.

And would be good if you first could see first how is the real work, maybe sounds interesting from the outside, but some psychiatric patients demand lot of attention, they could ve very erratic, and demand lot of energy to control, so implies lot of stress.

My grandmother is on a caring home now, and some of the people there deal with hard psychiatric problems, their minds are gone, they are not people anymore, at least for me it wouldnt be an easy picture to see everyday, but some people can handdle, personally I dont get along well with people in that kind of condition.

Its not a hard job in some way, but could demand lot of mental energy, its not a just go there and be around.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
S Schizophrenia Forum 6