• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

For more features and forums

Do you think it's possible ...?

D

DominatingBull

I hear voices and visions . Schizophrenia is hearing things that no one else can hear . do you think it's possible that some other people CAN hear the visions ?

Mikrokosmos

Mikrokosmos

Personally, I think that it is possible, because of much higher and wider possibilities of the human's mind occurs than one, rigid interpretation. Also, I was read that psychic disease isn't the quality difference but quantity difference.

NWiddi

NWiddi

Forum Safety Team
do you think it's possible that some other people CAN hear the visions ?
Has anything happened to make you ask this question?

I have ideas but I'll keep them to myself for now.

Are you on any medications for these voices and visions?

EdEd

EdEd

I hear voices and visions . Schizophrenia is hearing things that no one else can hear . do you think it's possible that some other people CAN hear the visions ?
Well since you've said the same thing I think I must ask , what's your opinion on dreams?

NWiddi

NWiddi

Forum Safety Team
Sorry for butting in on your question but I believe our voices can manipulate our dreams.

My voice could use the dreamscape as his own personal playground, he'd attack me in them and create very disturbing dreams, I feel beyond a shadow of a doubt that it was him manipulating my dreams. Allowing for lucid dreaming (becoming aware that you're dreaming and can control that dream) and creating dreams within dreams (where you think you've woken up but then realise you're still dreaming then wake up properly) are also part of his abilities.

He used to be able to wake me up at his pleasure and would want to talk about those dreams so waking me up 5-6 times a night wasn't uncommon.

Medication seems to have stopped him doing this thank goodness.

EdEd

EdEd

Right. I was just curious. Thank you for taking the time to answer. Your knowledge is always interesting. I enjoy it. So you believe that they had the ability to interfere with your dreams?

R

Rabbit777

Sorry for butting in on your question but I believe our voices can manipulate our dreams.

My voice could use the dreamscape as his own personal playground, he'd attack me in them and create very disturbing dreams, I feel beyond a shadow of a doubt that it was him manipulating my dreams. Allowing for lucid dreaming (becoming aware that you're dreaming and can control that dream) and creating dreams within dreams (where you think you've woken up but then realise you're still dreaming then wake up properly) are also part of his abilities.

He used to be able to wake me up at his pleasure and would want to talk about those dreams so waking me up 5-6 times a night wasn't uncommon.

Medication seems to have stopped him doing this thank goodness.
I feel for you, the voices have disturbed my sleep so much and I was having horrible lucid dreams for a while. Feels like they are trying to wear you down and it’s harder to combat the voices when ure always tired. Plus when ure tired you are more susceptible to them affecting ure mood. It’s hard when they mess with your sleep. Hope it gets better for you.

D

DominatingBull

to answer - yes I am on medication for schizophrenia and what happened was that people outside seemed to be able to hear one of my voices . 5 minutes later I decided it was a coincidence which I still think but it got me thinking that maybe it's possible for regular people to sometimes hear your voices . and about dreams - I read that voices or hallucinations are dreams while awake .

D

DominatingBull

I'm rethinking it - maybe if it's not possible for other people to hear your thoughts or your dreams , it's not possible for them to hear your dreams while awake - or in other words - your hallucinations .

NWiddi

NWiddi

Forum Safety Team
There's a book that I believe is the closest someone has got to understanding voices and their origins. It's by a man called Anthony Peake and entitled 'The Daemon - A guide to your extraordinary secret self'.

Like myself he believes our voices are real and a part of us, he provides theories about how they're able to create hallucinations across all five senses, where in the brain they exist and about some of the things they can do.

I'm not quite sold on his 'cheating the ferryman' theory but he has good ideas (in my opinion) and he's dedicated a whole chapter to dreams.

He mostly focuses on good voices and what they've done for mankind rather than the bad voices like most of the people who find their way to this forum have.

I don't believe he has the whole picture but it was enough to fill in some of the blanks that I had missing from my experiences. I keep meaning to E-Mail him and share some of my experiences, I've already spoken to him briefly on Facebook but I didn't have the chance to really get into the subject, I merely thanked him for writing the book and told him my 'Daemon' was very active.

EdEd

EdEd

Correct , I've confirmed many telepathic experiences 100% , but if you're not a telepath nobody else can hear your thoughts. While you're dreaming it's just you and yourself and it's the point I try to make..

EdEd

EdEd

So I imagine people hearing your thoughts is similar to dreaming , where no one else can hear your thoughts... or atleast it appears to be that way for me.

K

Kiingyee

Hey, i'd like to know how you see & hear these visions of yours if thats okay.

D

DominatingBull

I don't know how I see / hear them . I'm just schizophrenic . They're off in the distance - on the horizon and I can just see them /hear them like they're ghosts .

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
EdEd Hearing Voices Forum 5