Do you think being in hospital has made a difference to being in the community?

N

norky

I had to stay in hospital for an extra 1 yr dispite being well to do courses. Those courses where thinking skills and substance misuse. Its a bit like prison really your only lesson is not to come back again.
As for the courses i used substances 3 months after getting out and will probably use more. Thinking skills was usefull to recognize problems and react in the best possible way for me. Like said it really is a deterant. Not so much rehabilitation.
The meds reduce testosterone in males so ur forced to be more subdued. Not to mention dopamine and serotonine. Its not fun and games. Then theres the side effects....
When you weigh it all up sometimes hospital dosent seem such a bad place since life becomes so worthless and you become so dissasociated.

E

emmabnormal

That’s really horrible, I’m sorry about that happening to you. Where was you hospitalised? That doesn’t happen here in the UK did you take the survey? I really want to make a difference to people like you and I work in a hospital myself. I’m not a nurse but, I spend most my time talking to patients and calming them down etc and trying to lift them up mentally being a cheer leader for them. I hope this helps.

N

norky

Hi there actually it was in the uk. Low secure unit. I understand theres alot of sick people who need help. Sometimes the right staff make a big difference in those places. Im glad your doing something positive in a mostly negative enviroment.

E

emmabnormal

Oh I’m sorry that’s yeah there’s a lot of negative in the hospitals here and there’s only so much one person can do you know. But, hope that this research helps