• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Do you take people from the States?

E

exl2398

I have been purusing the forum for about a month and noticed this is a european board, like the UK and such. Do you have any other members from the US? I am from Ohio.

I have BP II with rapid cycling, diagnosed just this past July. My therapist (tdoc) said that he agrees with the diagnosis from my psychiatrist (pdoc). I have been under the care of my pdoc since november/december of 2008, so for a while now. He started me out on celexa, then added abilify (which I stopped taking) and then switched to geodon, which I took until september or october of this past year, when I was switched off the celexa and geodon and onto risperidone and pristiq. He added wellbutrin to my mix about a month or so ago.

I am 28 years old.

I was sexually abused as a child and dealt with that poorly up until about 3 years ago. I have learned how to relegate that to my past, where it belongs. Occassionally I will think about it or even let it get to me, but not very often at all.

I started compulsive/obsessive skin picking about the age of 12 or 13. I remember the night as if it were yesterday. I have done this - picking at various imperfections, mostly on my upper body - almost consistantly since then, with a year of not doing it here and there.

I suffered depression through my teen years and up to present day. My life has only been peaceful once in my life, and I was hypomanic at that time, a period of time that lasted about a year.

I have two college degrees (history and philosophy) and am doing nothing with my life. Currently on disability.

S

*Sapphire*

Hi exl2398 and :welcome:.

We have members from all over the world here including America, this forum is not exclusive!

I hope you find this forum as friendly and supportive as I have. :)

E

exl2398

Hi exl2398 and :welcome:.

We have members from all over the world here including America, this forum is not exclusive!

I hope you find this forum as friendly and supportive as I have. :)
Thanks for the welcome! :)

T

TOONAFISH

:welcome: im nikki, 34, married 2 kids, 4 major episodes. just returned to work part time first time in 3 years. thinking about going to uni.????

speak soon x

S

skyblue

Hi there,

Of course, you're welcome here :). Hope you find the site useful.

:flowers: