• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Do you stand up for yourself?

confusedwanderwaffle

confusedwanderwaffle

uhh a low score lol:redface:

There are times when you'll hesitate to address the issues that concern you the most. Whether it's noisy neighbors or perhaps a raise you feel you deserve, you'll be reluctant to bring it to attention. Those times when you are feeling self-assured, you are somewhat comfortable letting others know you disagree with them, especially when you feel you're being treated poorly. Keep in mind however, that if you act like you deserve respect, others will treat you accordingly.

or at least i felt it was low. dont want others to get same score as me and feel bad!

Last edited:
H

Helena1

Forum Safety Team
i got 64% i think i am pretty assertive. i think i have to make things right or the person after me could be not as strong as me and not be up to complaining so i have to. like when i told my gp about the receptionist cocking up my appointment. next time someone could not bother ringing back and go kill themselves.
i wouldn't complain to my neighbors though or stuff like that. mine are quite noisy but i think they will get me if i complained.

Last edited:
katya

katya

Snapshot Report
Ability to speak for self

You seldom hesitate to address the issues that concern you the most. Whether it's noisy neighbors or perhaps a raise you feel you deserve, you'll immediately bring it to attention. You express yourself quite freely, asserting your personal rights with the confidence that your request is reasonable. As a typically self-assured individual, you are fairly comfortable with letting others know you disagree with them, especially when you feel you're being treated poorly. This approach shows that you feel you deserve respect, and want others to treat you this way.
That's good-ish (for me!); it's much better than it was (I used to have no confidence whatsoever and was a total push-over), but I'd like to be more assertive. I should be; I'm a teacher! However, I do think it's possible to be too assertive. Don't want to be over-bearing 'cause I'm so naturally laidback.

Last edited:
NervyTwo

NervyTwo

ACCOUNT CLOSED
I scored 56, which is pretty meh...

There are times when you'll hesitate to address the issues that concern you the most. Whether it's noisy neighbors or perhaps a raise you feel you deserve, you'll be reluctant to bring it to attention. Those times when you are feeling self-assured, you are somewhat comfortable letting others know you disagree with them, especially when you feel you're being treated poorly. Keep in mind however, that if you act like you deserve respect, others will treat you accordingly.

catkin

catkin

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Not unexpected, am a walkover. I don't want confrontation, authority scares me. Its easier being isolated.

ScaredCat

ScaredCat

I scored 16. :hidesbehindsofa: Tbh i find it easier to stand up for other people than myself. Dont like confrontation. Just want a quiet existence

You rarely address the issues that concern you the most. Whether it's noisy neighbors or perhaps a raise you feel you deserve, you wait for someone else to bring it up. When someone treats you poorly, you hesitate to speak openly. Letting people know you disagree with them is difficult since you lack self-assurance. However, if you act like you deserve respect others will treat you accordingly.

Darkred

Darkred

I scored 60. Not afraid to voice my opinion to anyone. :LOL: