do you smoke weed to help alleviate anxiety and depression?

Keesha

Keesha

Do you find that it helps?
You know, I’ve been using it since 1976.
It’s the only prescription I use. It’s not perfect but I’m certainly not complaining.
It definitely takes the edge off being overly sensitive and anxious so YES!
I grow my own and make my own canna products. That way I know exactly what’s in them.

soulsearcher

soulsearcher

You know, I’ve been using it since 1976.
It’s the only prescription I use. It’s not perfect but I’m certainly not complaining.
It definitely takes the edge off being overly sensitive and anxious so YES!
I grow my own and make my own canna products. That way I know exactly what’s in them.
At least you grow your own so you know what's in there

Parayana

Parayana

I used to smoke weed a lot in my twenties for depression it did help but I also did a lot of other drugs and burned out my brain with Meth so these days it just makes me really paranoid but I think it's OK in moderation - wish my BPD ex had smoked weed instead of using booze to control her unstable emotions we would still be together.

sadpunchingbag

sadpunchingbag

Not anymore its like rolling a dice for me. I could be chilled out or paranoid or think I am going to swallow my tongue. My family has a history of suicides which coincides with taking drugs maybe not just weed. I can’t personally do it but if it helps someone else and the side effects are minor I can’t argue against it.

My only 2cent is before trying weed I’d try everything else because only for a sub section of the population weed can and does cause mental health to completely destroy a persons mental health. Some people just have a predisposition to mental health issues now it’s a matter of will weed solve my issue short term? Or make it worse in the future?

Plenty of data coming out of weeds benifits which I won’t refute they exist my only worry is they don’t highlight that the substance can be negative for SOME not all but some people with mental health issues

I did smoke weed for about 7 months now I smoked a bit to deal with my mental health pain I cut that out over 1 year ago completely

I am not saying you will smoke loads just consider both side of weeds data only positive data is given much light why you might ask ? Because it’s legal so big money now I question the intention of the people paying scientists to write those papers which maybe poorly written to sway the reader

I am no expert but everyone has a narrative hope this ramble has some sense of worth

Keesha

Keesha

Some people definitely shouldn’t use marijuana. It’s not a one size fits all drug.
Many, however don’t understand the many different strains available, the difference between an indica or sativa nor the various ways it can be used.

This makes a significant difference.
People with schizophrenic conditions may want to stay away from it completely or at least not indulge in sativas since they are more of a celibral high as opposed to a body high.

soulsearcher

soulsearcher

Some people definitely shouldn’t use marijuana. It’s not a one size fits all drug.
Many, however don’t understand the many different strains available, the difference between an indica or sativa nor the various ways it can be used.

This makes a significant difference.
People with schizophrenic conditions may want to stay away from it completely or at least not indulge in sativas since they are more of a celibral high as opposed to a body high.
Whats the difference between indica and sativa?

aspieguy1984

aspieguy1984

Indica think of in the couch Indica is a very relaxing body high.
Sativa speed Teva go go go it's a head High

soulsearcher

soulsearcher

Indica think of in the couch Indica is a very relaxing body high.
Sativa speed Teva go go go it's a head High
Indica is the one I need from the sounds of It, how do you know it's indica? Does it have to be a specific strain?

Keesha

Keesha

Sativas are more of a cerebral high whereas indicas are more of a body high.

Price! Since most indicas only flower between 6 to 8 weeks they are priced much lower

Sativas flower between 9 to 13 weeks so take much longer to grow and is reflected in the cost

Sativas grow REALLY TALL- 10 feet plus if you let them and their buds can be as wide as pop cans.

M

MAGIC

Wish i could try weed, i need to relax nothing really works anymore i’ve been on every med u can imagine and it does not work. tbh it works for like 1 or 2 weeks and thats it. after this period all the anxiety and depression comes rushing down again its unbareable

Keesha

Keesha

Sorry you have no luck with medicines Magic.
I hope someday you find something that does work.

You’re welcome soulsearcher .

soulsearcher

soulsearcher

My friend was like if I was you I'd stop the meds and smoke weed instead,
What he said really does make me wonder