• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Do you resent ' Well people '

T

Twylight

I sometimes resent the people who have no idea how terrifyng psychosis is, but think they do

S

*Sapphire*

I'm not sure if you count everyone who hasn't experienced psychosis is well? :unsure:

iffybob

iffybob

I would

I would resent some one who claimed they understood and had never experienced it, as it is not somthing that I think can ever be adiquately explained with accurate impact....

... I do think I envy those whos minds are solid and clear and not flowing and polluted as mine feels ...
.... even a little jelouse... but I would not wish mine on theres .. :innocent:

S

*Sapphire*

I don't resent people for being 'well' but I do resent people underestimating the effects a condition can have on you. Unfortunately I think there are too many people in society who think they have two mouths and one ear.

SimonB

SimonB

I've only experienced psychosis once when I was at a real end and suicidal, it was truly dreadful, if hell exists, it's that! Do I resent 'well people' for not really understanding but making out they do...no. I do not believe for one moment anyone is 'well', I prefer functional with up to mild mental health issues. My close friends asked me to describe it [when I had recovered] but I couldn't find words to match that deep level of psychosis, so I describe it as quite simply 'hell'...I don't talk of this often, but thought I'd share:redface:

iffybob

iffybob

SimonB - Try watching a film call "Jacobs Ladder" ... its closer than most ... :innocent:

SimonB

SimonB

Yes have seen it a few times...its certainly close to the bone...think I have it on DVD for that matter...:)

ms_P

ms_P

Founding Member
I'm tempted to think of the film "Lakeview Terrace".
What exactly is normal or healthy?

No pain?
Alcohol & drugs have been proven to be wrong within limits (who's limits?).

I think we should stop psychoanalizing ourselves to death and simply enjoy the little things in life that give us pleasure...make us smile once in awhile.
What more can a body hope for?

SimonB

SimonB

Mrs P

Not heard of Lakeview Terrace?? Whos in that?

Well anyhow I'm inclined to agree with you and besides I need to move on sonething I don't like remembering that much, but yeah I see iffybobs point also.:)

SimonB

SimonB

I find it questions lots of things, the self, relationships, life and finally death its quite an odyssey in many senses. Yeah like the end too. I can't spell the word but the back guy love the way how he's like an angel...always puts him right.

iffybob

iffybob

Yeh

Yes have seen it a few times...its certainly close to the bone...think I have it on DVD for that matter...:)
I forgot its out on DVD .... might pick it up .....

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
B Schizophrenia Forum 3