Do you regret/want to delete posts after the fact?

BleachedViolet

BleachedViolet

Does anyone else get 'buyers remorse' after posting a comment?

It has nothing to do with people's reactions, I just feel over-exposed or like I expressed myself poorly. I'm new to accepting my BPD, I'm trying to own it and be open, but I've always hid this side of myself under lock and key. I always am what people want me to be in real life.

I'm having a hard time with this. Does anyone else freak out after posting a comment?

S

sunsetvalley

All the time, literally. Exactly how you described... x take care

Flameheart

Flameheart

ACCOUNT CLOSED
this is why I don't write in my journal on here anymore, I get paranoid about it, I also have my profile secure so no one can stalk me and go through all my posts

BleachedViolet

BleachedViolet

God, I'm glad I'm not the only one. I'm freaking out about several of my posts, and worry I either sound like a freak, self-indulgent, or come across the wrong way. I flip flop over whether forums are healthy for me or not.

Everyone's been lovely and welcoming - it's just so raw at times or I feel so inarticulate or the BPD in me reads into things that aren't really there. I'm still learning how to separate reality from perception...

Thanks for your responses, all ♡

Flameheart

Flameheart

ACCOUNT CLOSED
yeah I feel a lot better with it, so I hope they don't change that option, its mentally tiresome monitoring every single thing you post

E

EstherRose94

Yes! I’m really careful not to give out info that could let people know who I am but I still fear sometimes that my bf or might come across my posts somehow and see that I’ve vented or asked for advice about him and I feel super guilty like I’m betraying him.

But also talking it out really helps me calm down and then approach the situation with a clearer mindset so it ultimately benefits him as well. He knows I use a forum for MH but he doesn’t know the details. I hope he’d be cool with me having this support system.

BleachedViolet

BleachedViolet

Same here! My husband knows I'm a member, but I feel guilty having discussed our relationship... Everyone has been very kind, I just judge myself so harshly, I assume everyone else is the same - when the reality is, I'm fortunate to be in the company of understanding people who 'get it's.

E

EstherRose94

Right, everyone needs a support system. I talk to my family also but sometimes I feel more comfortable getting an outside opinion.

Tigergirl

Tigergirl

ACCOUNT CLOSED
I used to post a lot about myself but not anymore, I just feel unimportant and I worry what people think.

Soul_Deeps

Soul_Deeps

I used to post a lot about myself but not anymore, I just feel unimportant and I worry what people think.
Nobody is unimportant :)

And yes, I have the feeling most of the time too that I really dislike what I wrote or how I wrote it or that I just did something or everything wrong :unsure:

BleachedViolet

BleachedViolet

To Tigergirl and Soul_Deeps - Toooootally! I feel like I come off self-indulgent or bratty or I just ramble on and on and make no sense. No one has made me feel this way, mind you, but my head plays tricks on me or i reread my post and just want to disappear.

But truth is, and I gotta apply this to myself, too, that your posts are your truth or experience or both and I guarantee someone out there reads it and it clicks, or is what someone needed to hear at that given time (or even a later date).

I know I'm very critical of myself, bc of my upbringing, but I guess part of healing is 'owning' whatever you're feeling/sharing. It's scary as hell posting it for whoever to see or potentially judge, but the people here on this forum all are here for a reason and have their insecurities or fears. We have nothing to be ashamed of - i have to work on accepting that. I have to learn to give myself a break. Like, a lot. My head never stops.

Neither of you are unimportant and I'm really happy you even posted on my first board I started.

God, I sound like a fucking cheerleader, but you guys matter. I guess I do, too, but even saying that makes me cringe... (the 'me' part, not the bit about either of you - or anyone else here who's posted).

I need to shut up, but I guess putting it out there is part of self-acceptance. And every bit is a start in the right direction, despite the emotional backlash...

I dunno if that was totally cheesy, but I'm trying to convince myself as well as be earnest with you guys...

Anyway, thanks for sharing ♡

Soul_Deeps

Soul_Deeps

I believe you are completely right in what you say and I can totally relate to your post :) And thanks for writing it, you actually made me feel better after reading it.

BleachedViolet

BleachedViolet

I believe you are completely right in what you say and I can totally relate to your post :) And thanks for writing it, you actually made me feel better after reading it.
Oh, God, I'm so glad. I was worried I was going to come off like a cheese ball! I meant it, though. And your reply made me feel a lot better all the same :)

Thank you again for sharing and hopefully we can all continue to help each other ease into this. It still scares the hell out of me, but that's how you grow, right? Growth isnt easy and by definition is supposed to hurt a bit. Thanks for helping me, too. ♡

G

Girl interupted

As far as the internet goes, this is probably one of the most supportive forums I’ve ever encountered. I’ve talked about things here I have never shared with my closest friends. Really difficult things. And I have been so very grateful for the support when I was struggling.

Don’t regret. It’s safe here.

E

EstherRose94

As far as the internet goes, this is probably one of the most supportive forums I’ve ever encountered. I’ve talked about things here I have never shared with my closest friends. Really difficult things. And I have been so very grateful for the support when I was struggling.

Don’t regret. It’s safe here.
Agreed. I used to maybe post once and then never again on other forums but I’m very comfy here.

Fairy Lucretia

Fairy Lucretia

Forum Guide
I regret so many posts I make on impulse x usually late at night when I am stressed
sometimes I ask for them to be removed xxxx