• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

Do you receive support or help from an organisation that provides social care? The Mental Health Foundation would like to hear from you.

K

KJenkinsMHF

Do you receive support or help from an organisation that provides social care? The Mental Health Foundation would like to hear from you.

People who use social care services can be vulnerable to poor mental health. For this reason, it is important that the social care workforce understands the importance of promoting good mental health and wellbeing.

The Mental Health Foundation has been asked by an organisation called Skills for Care to collect the views of people who use social care services about how social care workers can help peoples’ mental health and wellbeing. We would be very grateful if you were willing to complete a short online survey. It should take no more than 10 minutes of your time.

You can complete the survey at:

Survey

Many thanks! :)

N.B. Approved by Admin - Mischief

Last edited by a moderator:
calypso

calypso

Admin
What exactly are you referring to when you say social care workers - I am not clear at all. do you mean a care co-ordinator? A psychiatric OT? Social worker? Can you specify so I know how to answer you, if indeed I do receive any of these people's help?

I have recently escaped - sorry been released - from mental hospital with some care in the community, but not sure if I am entitled to more. Is this what you mean?? thank you

K

KJenkinsMHF

Hi,

Social care workers include social workers, OTs, care home staff, domiciliary care workers (i.e. care assistants who provide practical care and support in people's homes), as well as personal assistants employed through direct payments.
Social care includes services that provide practical help and support to enable people to live independently in their own homes and participate in their communities, as well as caring for people in care homes. It can include care that people arrange and pay for themselves as well as care that is provided through council social services. It does not include medical or health care.

Thank you.

calypso

calypso

Admin
Oh I am getting an OT arranged by the mental health services doesn't count then? I'll try your survey, but still not sure if it applies to me..........

K

KJenkinsMHF

Hi Calypso,

The survey does apply to people who recieve support from an OT so please do fill it out if you'd like to.

Thanks

calypso

calypso

Admin
Done. The questions seemed all aimed at soliciting the answers you wanted. You know, who wouldn't want a social carer who knew about mental health issues? etc. It would be odd to write No in there. Still when my bipolar is out of control, god knows what I could write, especially if high LOL.

D

democritus

Done. The questions seemed all aimed at soliciting the answers you wanted. You know, who wouldn't want a social carer who knew about mental health issues? etc. It would be odd to write No in there. Still when my bipolar is out of control, god knows what I could write, especially if high LOL.
Bo good luck then. D

T

Taff

Done, but agree with Calypsos comments.
At least room for your own views at one point. Sorry phone phobia means I couldnt talk further to researcher.
cheers taffy