• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Do you really stabilize?

M

Missingapart

I’m curious does anyone actually find a dose of medication that stabilize them? Or is it a forever dosage change?

My living condition isn’t stable so I can’t be stable. I’m hoping one day I can find a place to call my forever home, but until then.

Is there hope that my Bi Polar 1 will be normal? I think my up and down is normal to me but my family can’t handle it

D

Darknesssdaughter

Depends also of stress, diet, sleep..
And i think it's more like forever change in dose and medication. Symptoms change even with medication so we have to find new ones or increase doses.
But don't worry, it can get better.
Are you seeing a doctor for your bipolar?

AceintheHole

AceintheHole

I know this sounds really REALLY crazy but when I was struggling with Manic depressive bipolar disorder, and I was going through my one of my usual depressive moods, eating a bag of Lay's potato chips instantly got me out of my depressive funk. I know it sounds unusual and it also sounds like an ad bu I studied neuroscience for at a time in college and the science checks out. I thought about the mechanism behind what happened to me and I think the salt in the chips unblocked the part of my brain that houses depression. I think just a teaspoonful of salt could also do the trick, but where's the fun in that? Try it next time you're feeling depressed.

M

Missingapart

Depends also of stress, diet, sleep..
And i think it's more like forever change in dose and medication. Symptoms change even with medication so we have to find new ones or increase doses.
But don't worry, it can get better.
Are you seeing a doctor for your bipolar?
not seeing a doctor at the moment. I’m not feeling that people are willing to help me so I don’t want to reach out for help.

my medication is being provided by my general doctor but it doesn’t do me any good if it doesn’t get adjusted.

M

Missingapart

I know this sounds really REALLY crazy but when I was struggling with Manic depressive bipolar disorder, and I was going through my one of my usual depressive moods, eating a bag of Lay's potato chips instantly got me out of my depressive funk. I know it sounds unusual and it also sounds like an ad bu I studied neuroscience for at a time in college and the science checks out. I thought about the mechanism behind what happened to me and I think the salt in the chips unblocked the part of my brain that houses depression. I think just a teaspoonful of salt could also do the trick, but where's the fun in that? Try it next time you're feeling depressed.
thanks but I don’t like eating sometimes

H

Happy bill

I’m very stable right now, been so for most of this year. Yes the right meds and right doctor make a huge difference.

I also couple that with my own mental wellness training. Things like positivity mental training, keeping my stress low, eating decent and sleeping well.

It’s a combo approach, I’m not a believer that one magic pill will solve everything without me putting in work also.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
letmein Bipolar Forum 15
GaryC123 Bipolar Forum 8
GaryC123 Bipolar Forum 5
S Bipolar Forum 5
P Bipolar Forum 3