• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Do you need a Band-Aid on your tears or a Band-Aid on your fears

Scapes1986

Scapes1986

I always turn to music to take care of myself mentally. I never realized maybe that was a coping mechanism for fears I had. Music provokes tears and emotions that I didn't think would happen when I was a child. But now that I'm older I realize that music is more something to relax with and has become a strong staple in my life. Music to me is something that helps grieving but not just helps grieving its helps you with forgiveness, life, opportunity for some people wealth and others clarity. I've taken time to put so many Band-Aids on my tears but I forget maybe sometimes I need to address what is really hurting me, my fears. What do you guys think music means to you? Is it a journey of nostalgia, is it an act of forgiveness, or is it something more?

midnightphoenix

midnightphoenix

i would need a bandage on my fears, personally

glad music helps you, sometimes music not helpful though, depends on the music, personally

Scapes1986

Scapes1986

glad music helps you, sometimes music not helpful though, depends on the music, personally
Bandages are the best i

I've had so many physical vantage's I'm a burn victim. I have 3rd and 4th degree burns on my hands so emotional Band-Aids feel good when I do get them but I got so used to getting physical bandage that I forgot about my emotions. I'm well now though so I don't need as many Band-Aids

Scapes1986

Scapes1986

I forgot to mention seasonal affective disorder where I'm affected by the seasons because of my burnt hands. I have 3rd and 4th degree burns on my hands that in the winter and summer time change which Alters my mood and my depression. I think of them like Care Bear scars cuz I'm still alive

J

Jrchmn

One of the books I read on neurochemistry said that the chemical we produce when we complete a task (dopamine I think) is released when listening to music where we can predict what’s coming next but it’s not at the point it’s overfamiliar.

J

Jrchmn

Also conditions which are affected by seasons aren’t the same as SAD where the seasonal changes cause the condition. The only reason that’s relevant to your post is that you might receive a wider and possibly more helpful response in the general depression forum.

Scapes1986

Scapes1986

I always turn to music to take care of myself mentally. I never realized maybe that was a coping mechanism for fears I had. Music provokes tears and emotions that I didn't think would happen when I was a child. But now that I'm older I realize that music is more something to relax with and has become a strong staple in my life. Music to me is something that helps grieving but not just helps grieving its helps you with forgiveness, life, opportunity for some people wealth and others clarity. I've taken time to put so many Band-Aids on my tears but I forget maybe sometimes I need to address what is really hurting me, my fears. What do you guys think music means to you? Is it a journey of nostalgia, is it an act of forgiveness, or is it something more?
Also conditions which are affected by seasons aren’t the same as SAD where the seasonal changes cause the condition. The only reason that’s relevant to your post is that you might receive a wider and possibly more helpful response in the general depression forum.
I wrote and thread about why I was here. It's about my burns. I have burns on my nhands and legs, they cause me seasonal discomfort. I was in a house fire in 2014. They're pretty crictal during the winter months.