• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

do you lock yourself away?

D

diddypinks

ACCOUNT CLOSED
i have becom very antisocial this week its funny because a week ago i was out every day i couldnt stay at home now i'm practically nocturnal and just hiding from life. i want to shake off this "whats the point attitude" but find it so hard to stick to anything i dont know if this is due to my illness. comments welcome

ms_P

ms_P

Founding Member
Hi and welcome to the forum! :welcome:

I know from my own experiences that I have weeks like that, too. It usually clears itself up after awhile.

I don't know what your illness is, but are you getting help from a professional? Or seeing your GP, in any case?

S

schizolanza

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Hi and welcome to the forum.
I have days when I feel like that.What's the point? I have so many problems right now I feel like that most of the time.The mirtazapine takes the edge off.

M

maudikie

To Diddypinkd.

I love your pseudonym! Backto business. I am sure that the heatwave we had last week haad an effect on our health. I felt a bit like y ou. For a day or wo I shold rest and relax - perhas read a light bok or magazine. Take plenty of fluids. If you are not feeling better ina dat or tw see your G.P.
Take care. P.S. some soothing music cn sometimes help you relax. Not the "bumpy bmpy "sort.:hug:

D

diddypinks

ACCOUNT CLOSED
hello

this is a great site and a much needed one thankyou for your replies yes i had to go to the doctors as i was going too low about once every six to months i get such a deep depression that i cant function so i get a course of valium from the doctors to give me a break sometimes i can be so hard on myself. ive been in the mental health system sinse i was sixteen didnt get a diagnosis until a month ago i am 27 now they have put me on the waiting list for cbt i think its shocking how little help there is for people of course it all comes down to money. i did have a cpn but i found her really patronising its like how are you? not trying to damage yourself? taking your meds> yes yes yes bye lol i think of myself as an intelligent person and find it a little patronising. yes the my boom boom music days are long gone much prefer the chill stuff now. shall itell you guys sometin funny this morning i woke up and my sister had come into my room in the night (she knos i'm struggling) and put the most enormus granny pants i have ever seen on my pillow! i was in hysterics hell i might even wear them over my clothes and go to asda lol .........maybe not cheers guys diddy

R

ramboghettouk

Founding Member
one counciler said that if i'm rejected and stigmatised when i go out, it's natural that i keep to myself, don't know what to think

Just got back from the gym, got a pitying comment as i saw it from these 2 men, due to the recession they're having to use the local authority place instead of going private, heard them talking with my radar dish ears, i just hope the benefit people give them shit

My psychiatrist says a lot of her patients can't handle the gym, i'm not surprised

To make my day the cost has gone up, guess if your going to ask for a disabled gym session what do you expect?

S

schizolanza

ACCOUNT CLOSED
I need to get to the gym myself.
What happens when you ask for a disabled gym session?

R

ramboghettouk

Founding Member
It's just a disabled gym sesion is cheap, they now ask for proof, i remember the disabled centre complaining about them asking people to prove they're disabled, luckily when i applied for a concessionary card i argued disability with a registration card, i could have argued on means tested benefits, no one told me disability is cheaper admission, the gym session is just token, they were probably of the opinion no one in a wheelchair would want it

I feel self conscious when i argue disability and maybe i do get discussed, i'm convinced i've had to make an issue of my illness to get a benefit reference from social services, i feel sometimes if i was under an aftercare section of the mental health act, i'd have a right to a social worker who'd provide the benefit reference, one social worker said "help is only for those who've been sectioned and i doubt you've ever been sectioned" it's been a while but i ended up begging the gp and shrink to go into hospital, you don't get in by asking

D

diddypinks

ACCOUNT CLOSED
getting into sport

i could never go to the gym when i think of it i think of skinny women in lycra who practically live there and meaty great big steroid injected lads. thats probably not what its like but running and going no where? cycling and going no where bit strange too. i think its great to get into some sport tho!: i like swimming because cant hear voices under the water so i just stay under the water lol (sometimes surfacing for oxygen) ((quickly)) i have satalight like hearing too i am certain that i have supersensity to sound . :mad:

R

ramboghettouk

Founding Member
I find the men with biceps like tree trunks at the gym intimidating, they sort of look at me and i think they're fueled on testosterone and trying to find an excuse for a fight

I like swimming, if my ears are full of water i can't hear the voices, had a lot of discussions with psychiatrists about whether they're voices, keep on been told their not

It realy winds up psychiatrists asking them for the definition of voices

D

diddypinks

ACCOUNT CLOSED
how woud they know lol they dont get them :D

R

ramboghettouk

Founding Member
I like to think i don't hear voices, i've mentioned that stabilised on meds and as long as you take them your not mentally ill idea they used to push, nowadays not cool with the dwp

Bluemoon

Bluemoon

Founding Member
I find the men with biceps like tree trunks at the gym intimidating, they sort of look at me and i think they're fueled on testosterone and trying to find an excuse for a fight
Although there are big guy's working out at my gym, I don't find them all intimidating although I must admit that I did at first. One of them is in the army and quite a friendly bloke, the rest mind their own business or are too busy socializing with their mates. However, there is one who struts around huffing and puffing in between his rounds trying to impress the women but they just ignore him anyway :LOL:. I think he's a bit intimidating, so I just don't look in his direction - at all.

It's funny how often I've been told by women that they prefer a man who is athletic and not bulging out everywhere. To be honest, if I was a woman I would be scared of being beaten up by someone like that when he's angry. Unless your also a woman whose built like those female bodybuilders who are bulging out everywhere, muscle-wise of course ;).

Myself, I'm just going for the athletic look ( as advised ) and I'm getting there. It's not so easy on medication because of the retention around the gut. Those love handles are so hard to shift :mad: so I'm now going to go 3 times a week (y).

Z

zebedee

I try to stay in and its better when I am all alone I dont go out unless I am pushed into it and then theres a battle of wills! I get too much interference from others if I go out everything seems more intense and I am less able to concentrate. Dealing with rapid fire paranoid thoughts and trying to combat them and rationalise everything all the time drives me up the wall. When I am all alone it is much easyer so its a hermit life for me.

R

ramboghettouk

Founding Member
I had to go to sainsburys yesterday, the queue was really bad, i sometimes wonder if i've got aspergers, the way i feel, it wasn't around when i was a young loony

Originally at the dla tribunal i said i get picked on in queues and need the money to go to the corner shop with the recession and inflation i'm short of money and need to use sainsburys

Noticed some people wih care workers at sainsburys, why don't i get the same? it grinds you down