• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

Do you know 'why' you're depressed?

Bluejay7500

Bluejay7500

Oh no, the violin would ruin my neck! It already carries all my tension and muscle knots there. lol
I don’t think I’d ever be able to learn the drums, takes a lot of rhythm and strength. And flute I tried when I was as small. Bass is so guyish and dark. I guess I would choose a wood instrument if I had too

losingme1989

losingme1989

I like to think that I do, but certain individuals in my life (not on the forum) often push me to end up doubting my own awareness of the causality of the depression sadly.

So I often feel unmotivated to change aspects of how I live, which means depression plays a significant part in daily living (or not living) for me.

🤔🤔🤔🤔

stevie_sloth

stevie_sloth

I don’t think I’d ever be able to learn the drums, takes a lot of rhythm and strength. And flute I tried when I was as small. Bass is so guyish and dark. I guess I would choose a wood instrument if I had too
I was good at the recorder when I was at school. We had to learn it as kids but it was kinda fun. I actually bought one about 10 years ago but just couldn't figure out how to play it anymore! All the notes sounded the same! Very strange. (I suspect it was defective in some way. lol. It couldn't POSSIBLY be me!)

Bluejay7500

Bluejay7500

I was good at the recorder when I was at school. We had to learn it as kids but it was kinda fun. I actually bought one about 10 years ago but just couldn't figure out how to play it anymore! All the notes sounded the same! Very strange. (I suspect it was defective in some way. lol. It couldn't POSSIBLY be me!)
I’m just never gonna learn an instrument , I assume Ill take up physical activity in my next life. But I must not give up! I wish I had a teacher, a good one that would take it slow with me.

I like to think that I do, but certain individuals in my life (not on the forum) often push me to end up doubting my own awareness of the causality of the depression sadly.

So I often feel unmotivated to change aspects of how I live, which means depression plays a significant part in daily living (or not living) for me.

🤔🤔🤔🤔
I too feel that way. Unmotivated. I try to erase old memories. I wanted more fun in my life. So as I would learn how to smile and fantasize more. No depression. I love having fun. And realizing I needed more in my life was a revelation. So I follow that in my daily life. Or what I have of a remanding life

losingme1989

losingme1989

I too feel that way. Unmotivated. I try to erase old memories. I wanted more fun in my life. So as I would learn how to smile and fantasize more. No depression. I love having fun. And realizing I needed more in my life was a revelation. So I follow that in my daily life. Or what I have of a remanding life
Ah I see yeah that's good that you follow that then. 😄

I think I'm just trying to grasp at fun I had in the past few years when my physical illness wasn't as bad as it is now... doesn't work well unfortunately... 🤔

Although dancing a few times a week is still pretty fun... when it doesn't cause too much pain. :dance:

D

Dazed & Confused

Not all the time, someone can get depressed for other reasons like appearance, poor health, or social problems ect… and yes abuse
I'm sorry, I don't understand what you mean. To be honest I feel invalidated.

The question was about my own experience of depression and I answered it.

L

Lucy87x

I like this post its nice to see what other peoples stories are

Mine is a mix of being very badly bullied through teenage years and early 20s and also being very very sensitive and a naturally anxious nature and also I dont cope well when loved ones die x

Bluejay7500

Bluejay7500

I'm sorry, I don't understand what you mean. To be honest I feel invalidated.

The question was about my own experience of depression and I answered it.
It’s not a wrong answer so don’t feel so bad ok? I went thru ptsd and depression from what I experienced as abuse and bullying. So I understand.

Bluejay7500

Bluejay7500

Ah I see yeah that's good that you follow that then. 😄

I think I'm just trying to grasp at fun I had in the past few years when my physical illness wasn't as bad as it is now... doesn't work well unfortunately... 🤔

Although dancing a few times a week is still pretty fun... when it doesn't cause too much pain. :dance:
I danced yesterday all over my living room. So fun fun!

stevie_sloth

stevie_sloth

I like this post its nice to see what other peoples stories are

Mine is a mix of being very badly bullied through teenage years and early 20s and also being very very sensitive and a naturally anxious nature and also I dont cope well when loved ones die x
Actually, this is similar to me too.

D

Dazed & Confused

It’s not a wrong answer so don’t feel so bad ok? I went thru ptsd and depression from what I experienced as abuse and bullying. So I understand.
I'm sorry, I think I'm very sensitive at the moment. I thought I had done something wrong.