• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

Do you know 'why' you're depressed?

M

Mister_Fabulous formerly BetaMale

Due to my brain chemistry; there's no "external" reason for me.

S

SadRainbow

I'm prone to depression because of an abusive childhood. Right now I'm my second major depression of adulthood because I can't cope with being a parent, especially after the additional strain of the lockdowns.

jajingna

jajingna

Various reasons or causes. Even if I knew them all, it would take a while to explore each one.

D

Dazed & Confused

My theory is that my depression and anxiety (and mental illness) are symptoms of trauma from abuse.

Bluejay7500

Bluejay7500

Oh my GOD, learning guitar is HARD, man!!! And painful on the fingers!
I think I bought a cheap one, and the thing at the end where I strum is gonna rip off, I tried lessons but idk I wasn’t advanced enough, something like that

D

Doodles5880

For not being good enough in anything, can’t even learn guitar 😢
You are enough! You aren’t in this planet for no reason. Sometimes we don’t know what talents we have that we give to others. I know I found myself broken down crying when I received a message from a former student from 30 years ago and how I changed their life! Just be you every day and know you are truly enough. Sometimes we don’t see our hidden talents ~ how we may turn someone’s day around without knowing it. What we do for our children or spouses or neighbors…. We are all worthy. But, my biggest talent was taken from me from an injury. I’m 50 and still trying to find what I’m “good at”. You aren’t alone. All the social media with everyone crafting or cooking or seeming “awesome” aren’t realistic! We all struggle! Big hugs!

stevie_sloth

stevie_sloth

I think I bought a cheap one, and the thing at the end where I strum is gonna rip off, I tried lessons but idk I wasn’t advanced enough, something like that
I gave up after a week. It hurt my fingers too much. I found the ukulele much better. But then I got bored of that.

Bluejay7500

Bluejay7500

You are enough! You aren’t in this planet for no reason. Sometimes we don’t know what talents we have that we give to others. I know I found myself broken down crying when I received a message from a former student from 30 years ago and how I changed their life! Just be you every day and know you are truly enough. Sometimes we don’t see our hidden talents ~ how we may turn someone’s day around without knowing it. What we do for our children or spouses or neighbors…. We are all worthy. But, my biggest talent was taken from me from an injury. I’m 50 and still trying to find what I’m “good at”. You aren’t alone. All the social media with everyone crafting or cooking or seeming “awesome” aren’t realistic! We all struggle! Big hugs!
When you say we don’t realize our hidden talents I understand. Its best to stay affirmative and reasonable, but getting in the way is the worse depression imaginable. If I had the power to over come it I would! But thank you, I appreciate the kindness.

Bluejay7500

Bluejay7500

I gave up after a week. It hurt my fingers too much. I found the ukulele much better. But then I got bored of that.
That’s such a small instrument. Cute almost. I want to learn violin 🎻 one days . Same plucking with hands tho, don’t think I’d get that right

stevie_sloth

stevie_sloth

That’s such a small instrument. Cute almost. I want to learn violin 🎻 one days . Same plucking with hands tho, don’t think I’d get that right
Oh no, the violin would ruin my neck! It already carries all my tension and muscle knots there. lol