• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

For more features and forums

Do you know someone with COVID 19???!!!

J

Jules5

I have not met 1 person with COVID 19. I believe all Countries should reopen. Just my thoughts.

J

Jules5

I just do not believe all the social and news media. I love Trump!!!!!!!!!

P

Purpleplum

I have not met 1 person with COVID 19. I believe all Countries should reopen. Just my thoughts.
You may not know of anyone but when AIDS first came out (if you were even around back then), did you know of anyone who had that disease? I didn't know anyone, yet thousands were dying from it.

Mal84

Mal84

I’m lucky that don’t know anyone who has had it, the lockdowns are totally ruining a lot of things for me and I desperately need to see my care coordinator face to face but I think here in the UK, we didn’t lockdown enough and have certainty lifted it too soon.

daffy

daffy

Founding Member
You may not know of anyone but when AIDS first came out (if you were even around back then), did you know of anyone who had that disease? I didn't know anyone, yet thousands were dying from it.
That’s a very good comparison. I was around in the 80s when AIDS/HIV started to infect people and since the 37 million have died and 75million have become infected (figures from WHO) worldwide and in 40 years Since then Ive never heard of anyone either friends or work colleges that became infected yet it was still there causing worry for people

JessisMe

JessisMe

I have a neighbor who is a physicians assistant who got Covid 19 because her clinic did not start using masks early enough. She is 69, was unable to breathe and was in the ICU to get help with breathing until she got well. If she were not able to get into the ICU to get help with her breathing she would have died.

B

bpd2020

I believe I had covid19 in March. I was unwell and bed bound for 3 weeks. My friends neighbour died of covid19. Another friends dad died of covid19. It is very real.

pepecat

pepecat

I know several people who've had covid. Been tested for it myself and know a couple of others who also had symptoms and were tested.

LORD BURT

LORD BURT

I think I had it in May. I was exhausted for three weeks

Ghost_Owl

Ghost_Owl

I don't trust the mainstream media either. I value science and statistics with methodology intact.

A good resource as it tells you what you can and can't infer from the numbers and when the definitions change. No agenda trying to pander to the left/right biases just raw data.

Also my grandmother nearly died from this she is still having problems now. My Nurse friend has had a mental breakdown over this and quit as a nurse.

I think people want this to be less serious than it is. They want it to be better than it actually is. Which is why they cast around for the hope that it is a hoax, overblown. Or only as serious as the common flu. There is something called Normalcy Bias. It is worth looking up.

daffy

daffy

Founding Member
I think I had it in May. I was exhausted for three weeks
I think i also had it in late feb . Ive never been so ill but it wasnt being talked about in the UK. I seem to have been tired ever since with a continuous cough. After several tests ive since been diagnosed with severe asthma and ive never had breathing problems in my life. Admittedly I’m at the older end of the age group and have diabetes . Ive finally got a face to face with my doctor in a months time to see if the inhalers have helped and oxygen levels improved so I’m going to see if i can get an antibody test done at the same time

A

Agag

I know someone who has told me they have lost people with it.

But at the most I find it unbelievable.

I remember I thought cause Corona sounded like coronation it was to do with the Queen and the transition from the longest reigning monarch to a King. So they were testing out crowd control.

Ramson mash

Ramson mash

Lets hope the people who are responsible for reopening our countries dont say the same.
Something tells me they will think it through though.