• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

Do you keep your promises ?

kimidare

kimidare

Have you already done a promise to somebody you care about, to not hurt yourself, or to tell them before acting?

Are you able to keep your promise? Is it really stopping you? Or do you avoid making promises?

Actually it s a promise which prevents me a little to self harm. Because I promise to a friend to tell him before doing it. I don t want to annoy him with that and I m ashamed.
But I regret every day this promise because I want to do it without telling anyone.
Promises and trust are important to us, I don t want to lost his trust.

Do you have similar experiences ?

R

RayHendrix

A friend and I "threaten" that if one hurts himself, the other will do it too. So we don´t do it because we don´t want the other one to hurt themself.
Be happy you made this promise and don´t break it. :hug:

Fairy Lucretia

Fairy Lucretia

my bf says he will hurt himeslf if i hurt myself and he cries if i do it so yes i try my hardest not to do it x love Lu x

M

MYTIMEHASCOME

I hold myself and others too ridiculously high standards apparently so if I make a promise I always keep it even if it’s detrimental to me, I think your promise sounds like a good one and you shouldn’t break it because it will keep you safe and make your friend happy that you’re safe. Your friend loves you so he probably would be upset but only because you get hurt, thats the reason he asked you to promise to keep you safe ❤

M

MYTIMEHASCOME

my bf says he will hurt himeslf if i hurt myself and he cries if i do it so yes i try my hardest not to do it x love Lu x
hi lu! (Hug)

hope you’re okay! I see your profile pic is star 😍