• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

Do you Holiday/Vacation?

BillFish

BillFish

Are you well enough to go on holiday/vacation?

I went to Cyprus last year, but I'd love to go to Italy, maybe Rome. My wife convinced me to get on a Jet after watching hours of Air crash investigations on the discovery channel.

Travel to Europe is so cheap at the moment, you can get flights to Europe for a few quid on last minute deals.

I feel well enough for a week in Italy. Do you travel or do you stay local?

I no longer see the need for a self imposed exile from the rest of the world due to schizophrenia. The only limiting factor being cash flow.

:p

D

Devon

What's a holiday ?

I'd love to be able to travel but I don't feel well enough

keepsafe

keepsafe

I used to travel - don;t feel well enough these days - hard pushed to make it local.
Italy was my fav place though - go if you are up to it - I enjoyed Rome, I enjoyed Southern Italy even more - one day *sigh*

falling_Free

falling_Free

I implore you to go to Rome, I went last year and it was worth it just for vatican city and the cistene chapel. It is a beautiful city all round though.

A

Ainsworth

canary islands or mainland spain, cant go wrong with them (y)

Q

quality factor

I'm 'in love' with Cyprus, but would dearly like to see Pompeii and Rome.

P

Paranoid MisterE

I havent been on in a while and just noticed this thread.

Before my psychosis i travelled quite alot when i worked, i found i couldnt settle at home. Since my psychosis i have stopped working so my travelling has been curtailed a bit but going on holidays is one of the few highlights of my year. I stay in alot and dont spend much money which enables me to go on holiday. I have however had comments from people that "if i am well enough to go on holiday, i am well enough to work". The thing about being abroad for me is that people are talking in a foreign language so i dont get as paranoid as i dont understand what they are saying. I also think, after this week i will never see these people again.

I have often wondered if a new town/country where nobody knows me would help my paranoia but know the answer is not to keep running away and think i am better off beside my friends and family.