• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

Do you Holiday/Vacation?

BillFish

BillFish

Are you well enough to go on holiday/vacation?

I went to Cyprus last year, but I'd love to go to Italy, maybe Rome. My wife convinced me to get on a Jet after watching hours of Air crash investigations on the discovery channel.

Travel to Europe is so cheap at the moment, you can get flights to Europe for a few quid on last minute deals.

I feel well enough for a week in Italy. Do you travel or do you stay local?

I no longer see the need for a self imposed exile from the rest of the world due to schizophrenia. The only limiting factor being cash flow.

:p

D

Devon

What's a holiday ?

I'd love to be able to travel but I don't feel well enough

keepsafe

keepsafe

I used to travel - don;t feel well enough these days - hard pushed to make it local.
Italy was my fav place though - go if you are up to it - I enjoyed Rome, I enjoyed Southern Italy even more - one day *sigh*

falling_Free

falling_Free

I implore you to go to Rome, I went last year and it was worth it just for vatican city and the cistene chapel. It is a beautiful city all round though.

A

Ainsworth

canary islands or mainland spain, cant go wrong with them (y)

Q

quality factor

I'm 'in love' with Cyprus, but would dearly like to see Pompeii and Rome.

P

Paranoid MisterE

I havent been on in a while and just noticed this thread.

Before my psychosis i travelled quite alot when i worked, i found i couldnt settle at home. Since my psychosis i have stopped working so my travelling has been curtailed a bit but going on holidays is one of the few highlights of my year. I stay in alot and dont spend much money which enables me to go on holiday. I have however had comments from people that "if i am well enough to go on holiday, i am well enough to work". The thing about being abroad for me is that people are talking in a foreign language so i dont get as paranoid as i dont understand what they are saying. I also think, after this week i will never see these people again.

I have often wondered if a new town/country where nobody knows me would help my paranoia but know the answer is not to keep running away and think i am better off beside my friends and family.