• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

Do you hear voices all the time? 24/7?

soulsearcher

soulsearcher

I do and it's so tiring,
Never get a moments peace

NWiddi

NWiddi

Forum Safety Team
Same here, if he's not commentating on my life, whining, begging or singing he's always making some kind of noise.

He says he can't help it, like it's a compulsion which is total BS. He seems to be able to be silent for short periods of time when I'm doing things like watching TV or a film or playing a computer game so he can when it suits him.

I've offered him everything I can possibly offer him bar coming off medication in exchange for some silence but he still refuses, he just begs for everything I could offer him without offering me anything in return for it.

soulsearcher

soulsearcher

Same here, if he's not commentating on my life, whining, begging or singing he's always making some kind of noise.

He says he can't help it, like it's a compulsion which is total BS. He seems to be able to be silent for short periods of time when I'm doing things like watching TV or a film or playing a computer game so he can when it suits him.

I've offered him everything I can possibly offer him bar coming off medication in exchange for some silence but he still refuses, he just begs for everything I could offer him without offering me anything in return for it.
Sorry to hear that my friend.....

How long have you suffered with hearing voices for?

NWiddi

NWiddi

Forum Safety Team
Four years at the end of this month, my hospital admission anniversary is on the 27th.

soulsearcher

soulsearcher

Four years at the end of this month, my hospital admission anniversary is on the 27th.
Been quite a few years for me but only been really intense the last 4 or more years ago

NWiddi

NWiddi

Forum Safety Team
Voices can be vindictive bastards, I think giving us hell is their way of trying to punish us for what we are, we couldn't help being born this way.

Mine acts like it's a great injustice me having to medicate him but he's just a victim of his own stupidity, I've offered to make it more bearable and fair for him if only he gives me some peace some of the time. But my voice would rather be spiteful instead.

soulsearcher

soulsearcher

Voices can be vindictive bastards, I think giving us hell is their way of trying to punish us for what we are, we couldn't help being born this way.

Mine acts like it's a great injustice me having to medicate him but he's just a victim of his own stupidity, I've offered to make it more bearable and fair for him if only he gives me some peace some of the time. But my voice would rather be spiteful instead.
I believe these voices are devil and they won't give us peace hence them being there 24/7

NWiddi

NWiddi

Forum Safety Team
My beliefs are more in line with my avatar, I think mine is with me 24/7 because he has no choice but to be.

Regardless of beliefs we have the same problem, no respite from these parasites.

Do yours try telling you what to write and says whatever you read? Mine does but also tells himself to "F the F-off" for doing so but he doesn't listen to his own advice. Talking or singing is one thing but when he pokes his nose into my business is another. He's also reminding himself that "I am not you" but he doesn't take in those words either.

soulsearcher

soulsearcher

My beliefs are more in line with my avatar, I think mine is with me 24/7 because he has no choice but to be.

Regardless of beliefs we have the same problem, no respite from these parasites.

Do yours try telling you what to write and says whatever you read? Mine does but also tells himself to "F the F-off" for doing so but he doesn't listen to his own advice. Talking or singing is one thing but when he pokes his nose into my business is another. He's also reminding himself that "I am not you" but he doesn't take in those words either.
I like your avatar btw

I find your school of thought to be interesting

Yea agreed they're defo parasites that make living life hard enough as it is

NWiddi

NWiddi

Forum Safety Team
I like your avatar btw
Thanks, it's of a Roman god called Janus (the month of January is named after him), god of duality among other things. Sometimes I wonder if the ancients had more knowledge than what they were letting on.

Yea agreed they're defo parasites that make living life hard enough as it is
Yes life is hard as it is without these idiots plaguing us, but believing as you do don't you think every breath you take is like sticking it to them? That's what I believe, every second of my existence is a living nightmare for my voice being what he is, that's why he's trying to make my life the same but it's not working.

All I have to do is keep on living, taking my medication and ignoring him and without saying a word I'm telling him he's weak and I'm strong every second of the day. I get immense pleasure from it, I believe he's in more pain than I am and that's what keeps me going.

Funnyday

Funnyday

I pretty much hear voices 24-7. They turn the volume up when they have an agenda of ruining my life. Stopping me from obtaining assistance in the removal of the implant in my head. I was scheduled to have an MRI scan carried out. On the day of the appointment, they put the volume at maximum. They were relentless in saying that they were going to get me. That I was going to be tortured etc. They drove me to go to Scotland in my car. I've been trying ever since to get an X-ray of my head. I know that if I achieve this. In the days leading up to it. That they will put the volume level back up again.

soulsearcher

soulsearcher

Thanks, it's of a Roman god called Janus (the month of January is named after him), god of duality among other things. Sometimes I wonder if the ancients had more knowledge than what they were letting on.

Yes life is hard as it is without these idiots plaguing us, but believing as you do don't you think every breath you take is like sticking it to them? That's what I believe, every second of my existence is a living nightmare for my voice being what he is, that's why he's trying to make my life the same but it's not working.

All I have to do is keep on living, taking my medication and ignoring him and without saying a word I'm telling him he's weak and I'm strong every second of the day. I get immense pleasure from it, I believe he's in more pain than I am and that's what keeps me going.
Interesting wouldn't have thought that just by looking at your avatar

Yea I do wonder what the ancients would have made of our voices and the stuff we experience

So you feel you've got the upper hand?

NWiddi

NWiddi

Forum Safety Team
I know I've got the upper hand in all of this.

My voice has been on rant just minutes ago about how unfair all this is to him, about how I prefer him to be this way so I don't have to give him any time, money or talk to him, and he's right about the time, money and talking but wrong about how this is unfair to him, he made this situation, not me. Medicating him was my only possible reaction to his hostility towards me.

Imagine for a moment you could read peoples minds, even influence their thoughts and what if you could leave the body and go anywhere you wanted, you could circumvent the Earth and see every culture on the planet or even travel to the Moon, now imagine all that potential being taken away from you. That's what I believe I've taken away from my voice by medicating him, not by choice but by necessity because he also had the ability to physically hurt me and torture me mentally.

Instead of going silent and waiting for a time when I'm feeling confident he won't return and came off medication so he could get his abilities back he's become a whining, vindictive idiot determined to spend the rest of his life as my prisoner.

If I'd have told any of this to me 35 year old self before this happened he wouldn't believe me one bit so I can't blame anyone else for not believing it either, but all my experiences over the past four years tell me this is how things are now.

If you could speak to yourself before all this happened what would he say about people who hear voices? I'd have said they were a figment of your subconscious, but we know better now don't we?

soulsearcher

soulsearcher

I know I've got the upper hand in all of this.

My voice has been on rant just minutes ago about how unfair all this is to him, about how I prefer him to be this way so I don't have to give him any time, money or talk to him, and he's right about the time, money and talking but wrong about how this is unfair to him, he made this situation, not me. Medicating him was my only possible reaction to his hostility towards me.

Imagine for a moment you could read peoples minds, even influence their thoughts and what if you could leave the body and go anywhere you wanted, you could circumvent the Earth and see every culture on the planet or even travel to the Moon, now imagine all that potential being taken away from you. That's what I believe I've taken away from my voice by medicating him, not by choice but by necessity because he also had the ability to physically hurt me and torture me mentally.

Instead of going silent and waiting for a time when I'm feeling confident he won't return and came off medication so he could get his abilities back he's become a whining, vindictive idiot determined to spend the rest of his life as my prisoner.

If I'd have told any of this to me 35 year old self before this happened he wouldn't believe me one bit so I can't blame anyone else for not believing it either, but all my experiences over the past four years tell me this is how things are now.

If you could speak to yourself before all this happened what would he say about people who hear voices? I'd have said they were a figment of your subconscious, but we know better now don't we?
Well I'm glad to hear that you have the upper hand

I am unfortunately a slave to the voices the devil's, I'm so weak emotionally spiritually physically hence why he has a grip over me

Annointedone

Annointedone

Well I'm glad to hear that you have the upper hand

I am unfortunately a slave to the voices the devil's, I'm so weak emotionally spiritually physically hence why he has a grip over me
I hear voices to , 24/7, ive been hearing them for over a year. There constantly nagging, sometimes there nice but mostly their torturing me. There far off sounding but at night one will whisper in my ear, and scare me to death, they physically touch me. I believe their evil intities, I believe they must’ve gotten attached to me during the time in my live I was going to bad places and mingling with bad people. A week bf I started hearing them I decided to stop using drugs and hanging around all the people that come with that kind of lifestyle and then all the sudden I’m hearing people there know my thoughts, I can’t poop , shower, do anything in private. They stole my peace and quiet and I just want it back. I finally went to a psychiatrist he prescribed Seroquel, it helped me sleep and gain weight and that’s it. So he prescribed Geodon and today is my first day of taking it. What’s crazy is my voices claim to be tired of this just like me so we all prayed together even the one that says she doesn’t believe in God. The Lord says if two or more are in agreement in prayer IT shall be done. So I’m hoping for the best. I just wanted to let u know soulsearcher that ur not alone😇