do you have strategy to recovery from schizophrenia??

S

saynow

two strategy developed in US
first strategy
I’M TUFR

can be summerized into :

· I need
· Minimum medication
· Talking therapies
· Useful occupation
· Family and friends support
· Rest and relaxation

Wellness Recovery Action Plan(wrap)
[[[
Wellness Toolbox – A list of resources used to develop your WRAP. It includes things like: contacting friends and supporters, peer counseling, focusing exercises, relaxation and stress reduction techniques, journaling, affirming activities, exercise, diet, light, and getting a good night’s sleep. See examples of Wellness Tools

Daily Maintenance Plan – Describe yourself when you are well, and list things you need to do every day to maintain wellness.

Triggers – External events or circumstances that, if they happen, may make you feel uncomfortable. These are normal reactions, but if we don’t deal with them in some way, they may actually cause us to feel worse.

Early Warning Signs – Internal, subtle signs that let you know you are beginning to feel worse. Reviewing Early Warning Signs regularly helps us to become more aware of them and allow us to take action before they worsen.

When Things are Breaking Down – List signs that let you know you are feeling much worse, like feeling sad all the time, or are hearing voices. Using your Wellness Toolbox, develop a powerful action plan to help you feel better as quickly as possible and prevent an even more difficult time.

Crisis Plan – Identify signs that let others know they need to take over responsibility for your care and decision making. Outline a plan for who you want to take over and support you through this time, healthcare, staying home, things others can do to help and things they might choose to do that would not be helpful. This kind of proactive advanced planning keeps you in control even when it seems like things are out of control. Visit the WRAP Info Center’s Crisis Planning Page.

]]]

do you have strategy for recovery ??
let us know ??
thank you

N

natalie

Hi,

Bascially, I am on medication to control the szchoprehnia main ailments, and on a slightly high dosesage - 25ml,

Also; working out in fitness, fitness dvds, and to attend fitness dance classes when able to do so,

volunteering, can be and is extremely theraputic and rewarding, though with me, I can't take too louder people talking and laughing, and triggering my paranoia off, then after I am in quiet surrounds of home, I am much better, still thouigh with medication to aid.

and finally music, musicals, i never do get of the house without listening to music musicals, and knitting combined, having said this, I need to get a new pair of headphones over the weekend, my present ones inside the sponges are wearing away, I've had these ones, for a very long time.

And hopefully to attend day centre branches of my day centre organisation focusing these years on mental health recovery paths. with daily structured activities. and catering for also outings.

It is worth pointing out, that I am only under happily enough GP care services, I don't need to be under the mental health teams, haven't been not since overall 2008, back briefly for a flying visit in 2012, and 2015.

We're now in 2017, and I still continue to progress stablised very well and balanced, underschophrenia based conditions.

Natalie.

Best Regards All,

Natalie.

vanish

vanish

Hey saynow,

I used the WRAP program to help identify triggers and early warning signs I am becoming unwell and what to do if and when that happens. Also I have a wellness toolkit (things I've identified that I need in my life in order to keep well and enjoy life as much as I can).

I take medications (and let's be honest, I probably will be taking it for the rest of my life) as a combination of antidepressants and antipsychotic medication. I also see a psychiatrist and GP regularly (I see the GP each fortnight for a depot injection and also a simple health check-in). I partake in peer supported activities (hearing voices groups, social groups, facebook peer support groups etc).

I also enjoy swimming for exercise (I currently do 80 laps of a 50m pool three times a week). I also have an avid appreciation of art and paint and draw myself. I would like to go to a clay sculpture class (but am yet to find one near to me).

I surround myself with those who are supportive of me. I have a wonderful wife and friends. They understand when I am not feeling the best (like currently).

Thanks for the thread. I will follow it with great interest! :)

C

Coast2

I'm on a combination ofantipsychotic and antidepressant medication. I'm on a minimum dose of antipsychotic 2mg which is due to be reduced further 1mg next week, with an aim to be free of antipsychotic medication by October.

I work three days a week as a medical PA in a hospital. I run 6 days a week, do the gym and practise yoga in the evenings. I start OU in October and I've plans to move house next year.

I struggle with delusions, they're still there a little bit, but the more I occupy my mind, the better I am, which is why I work.

I had terrible post psychotic depression when I came out of psychosis 8 months ago. The realisation that I had effectively lost 5 years, where I was unable to work and convinced of all sorts of terrible delusions was almost too much to bear.

I find myself ruminating about the past a lot about things I have lost. To combat these feelings I try to live in the moment and be grateful for what I do have. it's tough, but I'm getting better at it. Sleep is essential to my recovery. If I dont sleep well, the delusions seem to start, so I practise good sleep hygiene, i.e., minimal caffeine, No screens after 10 am, regular bed times and30 mins reading before turning the light off.