• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Do you have any unusual phobias?

introverted_drummer

introverted_drummer

I also have a fear of taxidermy animals, I thought I was the only one lol.

I'm afraid of aggressive dogs because I used to work with dogs and I was the victim of a horrendous unprovoked attack. I was hospitalized and everything. I won't go into detail to avoid triggers but it was very graphic and I thought for sure that I was going to die. I was also blamed and shamed for what happened and no one seemed to believe me that I had not done something to set the dog off. I've never been the same around most dogs again even though I have one and I do love dogs. I used to be completely fearless around them. Now if they bark at me I panic. I do trust my own dog to an extent but I have had horrible thoughts about my own dog turning on me.

I guess my biggest phobia is being bullied, even though it has happened consistently my whole life and continues to happen. It's caused me to have an extreme lack of trust for strangers to the point that if someone even looks at me in public I panic and feel like they're glaring.

Mario82

Mario82

Taking a break
I also have a fear of taxidermy animals, I thought I was the only one lol.

I'm afraid of aggressive dogs because I used to work with dogs and I was the victim of a horrendous unprovoked attack. I was hospitalized and everything. I won't go into detail to avoid triggers but it was very graphic and I thought for sure that I was going to die. I was also blamed and shamed for what happened and no one seemed to believe me that I had not done something to set the dog off. I've never been the same around most dogs again even though I have one and I do love dogs. I used to be completely fearless around them. Now if they bark at me I panic. I do trust my own dog to an extent but I have had horrible thoughts about my own dog turning on me.

I guess my biggest phobia is being bullied, even though it has happened consistently my whole life and continues to happen. It's caused me to have an extreme lack of trust for strangers to the point that if someone even looks at me in public I panic and feel like they're glaring.
I have never been attacked by a dog but I am scared of a lot of them as well, to the point I get nervous walking the streets, so understand how you feel mate.

T

TheWarrior101

Snakes, spiders, worms, bugs, insects, anything that crawls on the ground and that is creepy. Crawling under the skin is an understatement.

vanish

vanish

Forum Safety Team
I have a fear of feet. I cannot tolerate toes, feet anywhere near me. Doesn't matter who's feet they are, I can't stand them. Even my own feet creep me out.

N

natalie

I have a phobia.

I always don't like down on escalators, or automated flat escalators, and also down on grassey slopes. I don't mind up, it's the question of going down slope wise.

S

silentMur

I have a phobia that many people have called weird. Basically, whenever I see a snail, a slug or even earthworms, I get the worst panic attacks ever. I scream, cry, feel sick, and I have to hide from the world for a couple of hours. Seeing them even makes me feel the need to physically harm myself (i don't know if I can mention how here). This was so strong at one point of my life that it was almost crippling and I could't go out to my back yard out of fear of seeing one of those poor creatures, I'm not even kidding. Man, even seeing them in pictures or videos makes me feel terrible...

M

Mama88

My phobias are toxins, poisons, and gases. The main things I obsess about include battery acid, chlorine gas, and the worst one is antifreeze.

Faith198

Faith198

I don’t know if anyone has ever heard of this but I have a bit of trypophobia (a fear of holes or clusters). Whenever I look at these I feel uneasy tbh. Then of course the usual fear of insects.. like giant spiders and things. I use to not sleep for days when I saw a spider. Now I look everywhere before I go to bed to make sure there isn’t one lurking.

This is an example of trypophobia 62036FAE-B232-4101-A1AB-F97E0F2E4745.jpegmakes me sick 🤢🤮🤮

frisas45

frisas45

I don’t know if anyone has ever heard of this but I have a bit of trypophobia (a fear of holes or clusters). Whenever I look at these I feel uneasy tbh. Then of course the usual fear of insects.. like giant spiders and things. I use to not sleep for days when I saw a spider. Now I look everywhere before I go to bed to make sure there isn’t one lurking.

This is an example of trypophobia View attachment 21012makes me sick 🤢🤮🤮
This makes me sick too, friend. I hate spots in clusters (such as chicken pox, measles), and I hate holes in clusters... 🤢🤮

C

ctbo

my phobias are bridges high ones i cant go over them at all.a few others too.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
J Phobia Forum 3