Do you have any unusual phobias?

sadpunchingbag

sadpunchingbag

a few

babies they look weird as fuck i have been told i talk to them like a psycho because i talk to them like an adult i only do that because they freak me out

dwarfs just seem evil saw one on the bus ran off it was sick

horses just scare the shit out of me saw a few instances of people getting kicked by them completely destroys the entire jaw i dont fuck with horses plus they look like weird zebras

ugly feet for me its either a fetish or a phobia good looking feet are like cocaine to me but ugly feet make me dry heave

burn victims make me imagine there pain being in a fire completely consumes me until a few hours after i see them

confined spaces i think everyone has it

I

ice land

For me my most unusual phobias are professional female bodybuilders, taxidermy animals, scorpions, and living in an apartment that is “too clean.” What are some unusual phobias you have or know about?
I don't know if it's weird, but I'm scared if someone wants to meet me... and I'm scared of old houses and old furniture... :(

K

khuang

I was also terrified of going to church for a couple of years because I was being bullied every week in Sunday school. I still freak out if people launch rubber bands from their fingers or toss a pencil across the room. It got so bad that I literally started praying to God not to send me to church every Sunday morning. I’ve been weary of churches since then.

midnightphoenix

midnightphoenix

Where to start?

• parking the car in a multi storey car park or any car park with a roof
  • snakes
  • wasps
  • getting cornered/trapped
  • the dark
  • ladders/heights
theres probably more but i cant think of them now

daffy

daffy

Founding Member
I never knew I was scared of spiral staircases till I went up flamborough lighthouse. I walked up quite easily but froze when I had to come down. I ended up sitting on my bum and shuffling all the way down . Years later on holiday with the family I went up a spiral staircase at Beaumaris castle and ended up clinging on to the man in front of me. The kids thought it was really funny. So no more spiral staircases for me.

midnightphoenix

midnightphoenix

I never knew I was scared of spiral staircases till I went up flamborough lighthouse. I walked up quite easily but froze when I had to come down. I ended up sitting on my bum and shuffling all the way down . Years later on holiday with the family I went up a spiral staircase at Beaumaris castle and ended up clinging on to the man in front of me. The kids thought it was really funny. So no more spiral staircases for me.
I think its the feeling of going round and round and getting dizzy, maybe, daffy? :hug:

megirl

megirl

Certainly being cornered or feeling trapped.
The smell of old books, no idea why,
Crows or any birds that swoop extremely scared

burt tomato

burt tomato

I also have a fear of too many cars in the road especially when will be illegal in 2021.

pepecat

pepecat

Spiders
Heights
Flying

Being buried alive or kidnapped and no one knowing I'd gone

T

Trekster33

I have a phobia about seeing or coming into contact with my own body. It's so uncommon, there is no name for it. That's about as unusual as it gets, I suppose.
If this related to any particular parts of your body then it could be a form of dysphoria. I have gender dysphoria about certain aspects of my body but only the sex organ parts. Also the fact my legs are too feminine and I prefer masculine legs. My hips are too wide and I can't get treatment easily for that problem.

I

Ian Haines

The nearest name I've ever heard of for it is: dysmorphophobia. That's as close, and as accurate, as it gets, I suppose. Do you wish that your sex organs were different?...or, gone? Gone wouldn't fit in with your wish to have masculine legs...I'm just asking, that's all.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
sirenserenade Phobia Forum 1